FIlm again

mobirobo1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hi Film folks,

just wanted to let you know that thanks to this forum and your threads/discussions I am back to B&W film again. ;)

Yesterday I bought an M6 black plus a 50mm Summilux. (after having sold my M4-2, M3 plus 35 summilux 50mm and 90 mmSummicron 10 years ago)

Film and processing chemicals have been ordered on the internet.

I am currently scanning my 30 year old B&W negatives with a Coolscan V and some of them I put on Flickr. :cool:http://www.flickr.com/photos/mobirobo1/

Enjoying fotography again...

Rolf

• Like 8

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hi James,

Yes you are right, the only thing I am still debating is if I want to set up my old trusty Focomat IIC and take up printing again as well.... That will have to be in the bathroom I guess...

Rolf

That will be the next step on the slippery slope. ;)

That will be the next step on the slippery slope. ;)

Hello Mperson,

And you are down at the bottom of that slippery slope already? :eek::)

Think about it, the smell.. the itchy skin on your hands thanks to the stopbath only because you lost the pincers..... and then the red light.....:p

Rolf

Today I spent all day re-instating my darkroom. I'm ordering some TRI-X and D76 and going to add film back to my way of working.

Like many here it was what I was brought up on and I really miss the look of TRI-X, it suits my subjects really well so can't wait to get started.

Which Tri-X? :confused:

Seriously, it has changed through the years.

Hey pico,

I have ordered these here; Kodak TRI-X 400, 135/36 - Schwarzweiss - Filme. I recognize the little box, and the smell when I take them out of the plastic container.

If D76 works as I was used to on this version, I will find out I guess. :D

You sound like you have secret knowledge to share? :cool:

Rolf

Hey pico,

I have ordered these here; Kodak TRI-X 400, 135/36 - Schwarzweiss - Filme. I recognize the little box, and the smell when I take them out of the plastic container.

If D76 works as I was used to on this version, I will find out I guess. :D

You sound like you have secret knowledge to share? :cool:

Rolf

D-76 or ID-11 @1:2 has been my standard for Tri-X for thirty-something years. One tip: mix/make the stock solution at least 12 hours before you use it.

For medium format and especially large format I use other developers.

• Like 1

Hey pico,

However the original emulsion smelled like regular Udon soup. Then it smelled more like Udon with red miso. But the current emulsion smells like Soba noodles.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 6

Hi James,

The only thing I am still debating is if I want to set up my old trusty Focomat IIC and take up printing again as well.... That will have to be in the bathroom I guess...

Rolf

You must have quite a bathroom if you can fit a IIc in there!

Susie

D-76 or ID-11 @1:2 has been my standard for Tri-X for thirty-something years. One tip: mix/make the stock solution at least 12 hours before you use it.

For medium format and especially large format I use other developers.

Yep, I have used D-76 and Tri-X from beginning eighties up to 2008 when I was misslead and thought that B+W was going to dissapear and I was told that I was turning into a grumpy old man that did not want to let go of the past....:mad:

I know better now :D Thanks for the tip!

• Like 1

Yep, I have used D-76 and Tri-X from beginning eighties up to 2008 when I was misslead and thought that B+W was going to dissapear and I was told that I was turning into a grumpy old man that did not want to let go of the past....:mad:

I know better now :D Thanks for the tip!

I was told that too ... but I turned into a happy old man who kept the embrace :-)

Good luck

Charles

• 2 weeks later...

Mixed formats shot in the Peak District over three days earlier this month and some personal 35mm. Typical of my average monthly quota of film, although much less RVP 50 than usual.

Each to their own but wild horses wouldn't drag me back into a darkroom! :D

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 3