Cracked line on M6 TTL metering field for focusing

fluke

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hello guys, I guess this is my first posting. I appreciate you all for so much information being shared on this forum. Thank you! :)

I somehow developed what looks like a cracked line on my M6's metering field for focusing when using my CV 28mm Ultron (28mm frameline). I have no idea how this happened and I am literally freaking out, as it is so darn annoying.

I bought my M6 just a few weeks ago (been using the M8 for a few years) and it sure wasn't there until last night...

Has anyone experienced something similar? Please help!! :(

photo.JPG

Looks like a strand of dust in the optical path. My guess is that it isn't behind the actual eye piece, but is perhaps sitting on the mirrored surface of the prism.

I had the same problem with my M2. Oddly enough it was in almost the same location, just a little smaller. It was somewhat annoying, but of course it did not compromise the focus of the camera. I think it eventually dislodged itself on it's own. Worst case it will get cleaned out with your next CLA.

• Like 1