Squirrels with a ancient lens on an M-E

hhmrogers

Advertisement (gone after registration)

The last two squirrels were with a IIIc on film, the first two of these are with an M-E and the same 1935 Elmar 9cm. The second two are with the M-E and a 1960 Elmar 135mm

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by hhmrogers
  • Like 3

Film,

Old Glass,

M-E,

You are definitely hitting on all cylinders here. I only see 4 photos, so I'm not sure which is which, but the third one is great!

The first lot of squirrels are on my post of 21st Jan. They were film (XP2 Super) using a IIIc and the 9cm lens.

I certainly take Jerren's point about noise but we often get a lot more with film using the same amount of crop as you'll see.

This probably isn't the right forum to post 'deadlife' but I hope nobody objects to this as a contrast to squirrels, digital sensors and dye based film images.

The camera was a IIIg and the lens a collapsible Summicron 5cm, both of which I still have. The date was 1964 and the film was Plus X. The incident was up one of the rivers in Borneo. My survey team caught this unfortunate beast for food, since none of them were bound by an embargo on pork. I still use quite a lot of film (MF and LF too) and like the appearance; film and digital images aren't really competitors for looks, they are complementary.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!