Next Leica-M lens to be introduced ?

ockie50

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Another lens I would like to see would be a modern 35mm/1.8 RF lens (from Leica or Zeiss or Cosina). Nikon used to sell these in the LTM era, but It would be cool to have a well-corrected new one in native M mount.

Originally Posted by sdk

"How about a compact 24mm/2 Summicron ASPH... Priced less than the 24mm/1.4 Summilux and less than the 24mm/3.8 Elmar ASPH."

A dummy perhaps? :D

Whoops, that was meant to be "more than the 24mm/3.8 Elmar ASPH,” obviously. Maybe Zeiss could make a good 25mm/2 ZM for less than the 24mm/3.8 Elmar ASPH though. :)

• Like 1

Another lens I would like to see would be a modern 35mm/1.8 RF lens (from Leica or Zeiss or Cosina). Nikon used to sell these in the LTM era, but It would be cool to have a well-corrected new one in native M mount.

That would be just 1/3 of a stop less than f/2, so that would only make sense as a replacement for the respective 35/2 in Leica and Zeiss lineup (i.e. not lower price).

As for CV, they already have f/1.2 (modern high performance), f/1.4 (classic compact), and f2.5 (ultra compact), pretty much covering the spectrum of size/performance/price.

Considering the new M concept, I think (not wish) Leica will go for new zoom lenses and will try the quality (and price) level.

There will be some interest to convince the Leica owners to change from M# to M. So why not.

Harmless would be to bring tele lenses, but the auto-fstop is missing still.

Jan