Help identifying a 35 mm Summicron version 1 “dual mount”

Shac

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hi – I did a search on LUF but no luck so trying here. What are the identifying features of the 8-element 35 Summicron that could be converted between LTM and M mounts? I have a version 1 and am curious.

Thank you in advance

David

Hi David. The 8 element 35mm Summicron came in 4 variants. The chrome screw mount version had an E29 filter mount and focused down to 1 meter. Other variants with M mounts focused down to 0.7 meters. Regarding conversion of screw to M mounts, I have no idea but perhaps others will contribute to that. Ciao from Italy! David Tomei

Edited by antoninus
can't spell
  • Like 3

OK searching on Leica WIKI has given me the answer – supplied of course by Luigi (many thanks) - there's a tiny screw in addition to the usual 3 (see Luigi's second image)

http://www.l-camera-forum.com/leica-forum/leica-collectors-historica/117842-summicron-35mm-first-type-any-info-2.html

Should have been more patient before asking my Q. Mine is not this type.

Thanks Antonius by the way.

• Like 1

Hi David. The 8 element 35mm Summicron came in 4 variants. The chrome screw mount version had an E29 filter mount and focused down to 1 meter. Other variants with M mounts focused down to 0.7 meters. Regarding conversion of screw to M mounts, I have no idea but perhaps others will contribute to that. Ciao from Italy! David Tomei

I see a small typo "E29" ... you mean E39...:).....no big deal, but it could cause some confusion...:D

regards,

Jan