Your favourite non-Leica camera

jagwar.jim

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Nikon F with the plain prism. I have an early chrome and a late but heavily worn black model. I have a 21mm, 24mm, 35mm f2, 50mm f2,105mm f2.5 and 80-200 f4.5 all pre AI lenses which suite most of my needs. Bought my first F in 1964 but didn't like it very much and after trying Pentax for several years settled with Leica M.

Best,

normclarke.

canon tl with 50mm canon fd lens ..... i have had it for 40 years, still works, and my dad bought it as my hs graduation gift. i have bought and sold a number of cameras since then, including a canon new f1 which was great, but the canon tl will never leave me.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I'm enjoying the Sony NEX-7 that I got last year. Works a treat with so many different 'legacy' lenses, including Leica R and M glass, and gives me a window into the digital world. Having held off in the case of the M8 and the M9, I would love to get the new Leica M... if the bank manager gives me the nod. Would love to try a Contax film body (RTS III or RX) too, just out of curiosity really, as my R9 is just fine.

Olympus OM1n and 2n, the latter having the sweetest shutter sound of any SLR I heard; the OM 24/2,8 and especially the OM 100/2 are my favourites. Especially the latter is just amazing. An Olympus Mju II brought me back to photography, but since the first gave up, I only found 2nd hand lemons.

When it works, I also like the Minolta CLE (still/again in repair). Similar for my beater Contax T.

There will always be a place with me for the Canon T70, FDn 35/2, 50/1,4, 100/2,8 -- my first SLR, hence no doubt for sentimental reasons rather than the technical pain it can be (no way to set the aperture and measure the light!)

And then the Rolleicord Va I take out too seldom.

Alexander

Edited by xalo

Hi guys,

I know this is a Leica forum, but I'm interested what the Leica community uses aside from their Leicas. I'm specifically thinking about film cameras here. What is your favourite non-Leica film camera? And why?

Thanks everyone!

I went into a coma in 1946, and just awakened 2 weeks ago, so I need to catch up with y'all. My favorite camera is the Kodak 116 box camera. It has a larger negative than the 120, so the contact prints are really great! What is this thing called "digital"? Does that have anything to do with fingers or numbers? The local drugstore seems to be all out of Agfa Verichrome film. Is this Leica M camera as good as that swell-looking Argus C3?