hasselblad zeiss on an M?

Paulus

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I saw the post about Jono trying to get an R lens but having difficulties with this, because of a growing demand of R lenses.

Would it be possible to put a Hasselblad/Zeiss on the new M? If that works, i could get rid of the 3 wonderful CFE lenses I have.

My guess is that this should be possible. There will be a Leica R to Leica M adapter. I myself have a Hasselblad V to Leica R adapter. Combining these would do the trick. However I have no idea why one should want to do that.

Hasselblad CFE lenses are best used on Hasselblad 203- and 205-cameras of which I have plenty. Combined with a CFV-50 back these cameras even deliver decent digital files.

Ulrik

• Like 1

Bear in mind that Hasselblad fitting lenses have a different design requirement than 35mm lenses in that they have to deliver excellent image quality over a greater area than 35mm lenses. Whilst they do so, and whilst utilising the centre of these lenses on 35mm format means using the 'best' performing part of the lens, they may not perform as well as lenses designed to deliver high quality over a smaller image area. Years ago I tried a Hasselblad lens on a (film) Nikon and was unimpressed. It was ok but not dramatically wonderful.

• Like 1

The best resolving medium format lenses may do well on the new M, my 100mm/3.5 does well on the Nikon D800e but not enough to make me want to use it, I would rather use a Nikon 105mm. The Zeiss configuration is not conducive to easy operation on a Nikon. OTOH some old Mamiya lenses such as their manual focus 200mm Apo and 300mm Apo are stellar on the D800e and should be so on the new M (conjecture) if you don't mind the weight and balance.

• Like 1