Meeting in Ipswich - February 2013

valerio

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Ok, let's fix date and time for the meeting: Ipswich, February 9th at 11am (I changed the Title of the thread as well, so that others will know as well).

We shall meet near the Question mark sculpture outside the University down by the waterfront (as suggested by Matt).

I will also send a PM to the current participants with my mobile number, so that we can keep in touch on the day.

Edited by valerio

Ok - looks like I am going as this Mrs says it would be good for me to get out, then realised this was Leica and not AP meet, so I suppose will need to use a Leica and not my normal Nikon D300, so going to have to brush up on workings on M8 and M6 TTL as wife normally uses these. I could bring the Leica III but it is such a pain to load. So hope to see you there :)

Mark

Looking forward to this, should be good. :)

Yes, I'm sure it's going to be fun and I'm looking forward to meeting you guys! :)

Ok - looks like I am going as this Mrs says it would be good for me to get out, then realised this was Leica and not AP meet, so I suppose will need to use a Leica and not my normal Nikon D300, so going to have to brush up on workings on M8 and M6 TTL as wife normally uses these. I could bring the Leica III but it is such a pain to load. So hope to see you there :)

Mark

Aaargh, sacrilege and blasphemy, you dared mention the N-word... Thou shalt not take a Nikon camera to a Leica meeting! Only kidding, of course. :D I hope to see you there, with whichever camera you want.

Valerio

• Like 1

Sorry but to be honest most of photo's are taken of planes at Airshows and Wildlife and the Leica M is possibly not best suited to that kind of photography.

Mark,

If I get along this Saturday, I'll try to remember to bring some pictures taken at the Shuttleworth collection, using my M6 and 280mm Telyt on a Viso 3. There were some misses, but then a Bristol Fighter or Sopwith Triplane moves a bit slower than a Tornado!

Susie

Anyone travelling by car with a sat nav head to here...

283 DUKE STREET,

IPSWICH,

SUFFOLK,

IP3 0BF

With Tescos direct on your left there is a car park opposite. I can meet anyone who is travelling by car outside Tescos after they have parked and take them to the coffee shop.

• Like 1

For those of us who are travelling from London (though that might only be me:o), there are planned engineering works on 11 of the 13 tube lines this weekend and the Met, Circle, and District lines to Liverpool Street are affected.

There are also planned railway engineering works between Ipswich and Stowmarket so those intending to travel by train from that direction please take note.

I'm still planning to make the meet-up at 11 am but if transport systems have other ideas I'll let you know.:D

Pete.

My thanks to all for a very enjoyable day out.

Cardinal Wolsey reads the M9 instruction manual

(M9-P and 5cm 1.4 Nikkor SC)

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

First pictures with the 21mm 4.5 C-Biogon at the Marina

Best regards

Alan

• Like 2