Abu Dhabi Towers

Alexander Charles

Advertisement (gone after registration)

View of the Central Market Towers in Abu Dhabi designed by Foster & Partners (taken with X2, 24mm, 1/320, f5.0, ISO 100)

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 6

Quite lovely, but I suggest some slight adjustments since it seems a bit washed out or over exposed, perhaps like this:

• Like 1

Stuny - thank you for the comments. You have a great eye! I added a bit of contrast and darkened the image slightly. I think this improves the image by making the towers stand out more from the background. Let me know what you think.

By the way, I once worked with a crane operator, who had been struck by lighting 4 times. The 4th strike left him with quite disabled, but he could still walk and continued this job! The peace and quiet up there must be addictive. .

Thanks again for the comments.

Take care,

Alex

Hi Stuart - actually the photo wasn't taken through glass. I was on the top of an adjacent tower, which gave me this unique perspective. There was a lot of ambient light and this created the 'over exposed' effect that you correctly pointed out.

Yes, Abu Dhabi's central business district is very dense. It has a 'Manhattan-like' organization, ie; an elongated island with a superimposed grid of avenues and streets. Unlike Dubai it is very pedestrian oriented and the streets are filled with people, which makes it feel more like a real city.