Leica Apo-Summicron-M 2/50 APSH

jc_braconi

Advertisement (gone after registration)

How true. No offense taken. To me DNG is the only way to judge an image, but sadly the internet does not yet allow one to look at raw images of others. Plus OOC images (jpeg or otherwise) need optimization as do all digital images, IMHO.

and therein lies the problem....... you need 20x17 prints from DNG's taken at identical moments of a completely static situation adjusted for the vagaries of exposure to make any sensible judgement at all........

all you can really say from ANY of the posted photos is whether you like them or not :rolleyes:

it's the same with the M ...... improvements, if any, in image quality are minor and any judgements on even posted uncompressed DNG's is largely subjective.... and entirely dependent on which side of the fence you are standing .....

• Like 2

Very well put algrove and thighslapper!

Once while stacking wood, the pile toppled twice in a few hours. Rather than get upset, I set my M9 on a tripod and photographed it with all my lenses from a 1950 Summitar to 1980's 35 & 50 Summicrons, a 1980's 90 2.8, a 28 2.8 ASPH and a 75 1.4 (wide opened and stopped down).

The differences as viewed on screen in Lightroom are small even with some adjustments especially when removing the Summitar at the older end and the 28 at the newer end.

That said, I'd like to see some large prints with the 50 APO, 50 ASPH Lux and 50 Summicron to see what it can really do! I've been thinking of upgrading one of my 50 Summicrons but the step to the APO is steep for me and perhaps I'd be very satisfied with a 50 Lux ASPH "compromise."

Well heavy snow here up-state time to bring in some more wood. BTW, algrove cool restoration/modification on that VW Beetle. I do not speak German but from your website am I correct to understand there is a porche 911 engine in it?

Best,

Thanks. Yes I see it. Normally when optimizing images I just clone it out. I hate sensor cleaning!

Just curious, why do you say the last one is the best? How about this one? Again OOC jpeg like the rest.

[ATTACH]359863[/ATTACH]

Sorry I have not replied sooner but I guess I was snoozing. I liked the last one because the sun was lower in the shot but your last one really was dramatic as you waited for the moment to evolve and it did. Superb shot. Patience pays off.