BUY THE MONOCHROME

Paulu

Maybe your hesitation has to do with the frase you use: 'actually need a MM'.

What does that mean for you?

Do you want one or do you need one? Two very different motivations.

If you want one there could be no need. But if you need one, for work, there is maybe less hesitation. I know this is very arbitrary, but it always takes care of me.

Harry

So I got it. I took it out for the weekend. Got some lovely stuff, had to start to think in a different way about what I was looking at, what I was 'seeing'. Very interesting, occasionally frustrating, but overall a lovely camera to be lucky enough to own.

Thanks for all the help.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

So I got it. I took it out for the weekend. Got some lovely stuff, had to start to think in a different way about what I was looking at, what I was 'seeing'. Very interesting, occasionally frustrating, but overall a lovely camera to be lucky enough to own.

Thanks for all the help.

My feelings exactly

My feelings exactly

Mine too.

Say what you will about converting digitally after the fact or will the 240 converted to black and white be "better" or sharper than the MM, I love using the MM. It's such a special camera.

-jbl

As others have stated when using the MM, I think about B&W subject matter and I really enjoy that experience. It is the body loaded with B&W film. My M9 is the body loaded with color film. Crazy but it makes sense to me.:rolleyes:

Exactly my thought process as well. I even went with the chrome M9 to match how I shot film.

The Monochrom is not an easy camera to use, and you really need to be abel to process the files in a certain way. Once you've mastered the shooting and processing, well the images you are ending up with are simply AMAZING !!!!