No more 70's

pwrdesign

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Working with 3D illustrations and photography, and today I was sent out to an office in Stockholm where some changes will be made, and some "before" shots was requested. Some parts will be totally rebuilt, but I hope that they will save some of the good parts from the 70's. In one way it was a bit sad to see chairs, clocks, doors etc being thrown away. Empty rooms that one time held amazing meetings and interesting discussions. On the other hand it felt good to be the one who got to document this building. And the M8 was a perfect choice for this!

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 3

Hello pwrdesign,

Welcome to the Forum.

Nice photos.

Why would anyone want to change this?

Everything looks well kept & functional. It seems a shame to throw away something so useful in good condition. Discarding a useful piece of someone's history. Even if it is no longer useful for what it was originally built to be I would think it would have any number of alternative uses pretty much as it was originally built.

Beside that it seems a shame to throw away so many hours of the life of the people who built this with the equally thrown away hours of those who would destroy it.

To end up with an empty space.

Best Regards,

Michael

Who lives & works in a Historic Firehouse built in 1897 which is still 90% original.

Excellent job recording this building. A shame it will be lost, as there aren't many from that era still in great shape. I like the straightforward viewpoint you employed. Good job! I am curious about the building. Is this a school or ??

Larry

Edited by likalar

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Thank you all for your comments! I should say that alot of it will be kept and preserved, for example the massive hall in the first pictures. There are very good architects that are responsible for the build of the new offices and I'm sure that they will sjow great respect for the building. Some details will probably go though.

Its a head office for a large company in Sweden. Kind of an iconic building.