Where to buy used Leica in Mannheim

Unfortunatly there is no leica dealer in mannheim, the next one is Foto Neher in heppenheim. A small but competent leica dealer who has always some used leica cameras and lenses. Another one is Foto Oehling in Worms - but I do not know the actual situation there.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

A vist to leica-camera.com will give a list of dealers in the Mannheim area. Go to "Sevice" and then "Dealer locator". Comes complete with addresses and telephone numbers. Many only sell sport optics — particularly those with Waffen (weapons!) in their titles.

• Like 1

You can find the following LEICA-SHOP in Mainz these days, rather close to Wiesbaden:

FOTO Besier Oehling

Ludwigstr. 2

55116 Mainz.

It´s a large store with items of all the other major-brands and a well functioning

online-store as well. Google their website and you can check what they offer at the moment.

Best

GEORG

• Like 1

Are you looking for a modern M (M7/MP) or rather for a vintage one?

The Leica dealer in Wiesbaden that Orient XI mentions still exists, it belongs to the same Besier-Oehling group as the shop in nearby Mainz. They do have some new and used (mostly vintage) Leica stuff, but not in numbers such would warrant the one hour journey from Mannheim, me thinks. Usually three or four bodies and the same number of lenses at most. Unfortunately they do not offer their inventory in their web shop. Anyway, I would only recommend them if you really know how to judge a used Leica M body or lens. The quality of their offers and prices are all over the place. The guys behind the counter are polite and helpful, but mostly clueless in regard to pre-digital Leica stuff.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Thank you everyone,

I'll be in germany next Monday, and will stay up to Friday, hope can find spare time to visit, may be Mainz or Wiesbaden if possible.

I'm looking for a kind of old time screw mount lens.

Thank you again.

Okay, I will pass by the dealer in Wiesbaden today or tomorrow and see what's in their shop window, so you can see if it's worth the trip. I already know there is an ordinary 1950s Screwmount Elmar 90 for 200 Euros that is fogged and has fungus. It's been sitting there for years and will continue to do so for obvious reasons.

In Frankfurt there is Foto Brell, a shop specialized in collectible camera gear, Leica of course among them. He is also active on Ebay as "fotobrell" and "fantazuso". Leica Leitz, deutsch german Artikel im fantazuso Shop bei eBay!

The shop is a bit hidden in the second or third of Kaiserstraße 50, the main street that connects the central train station and the city center.

Okay, I will pass by the dealer in Wiesbaden today or tomorrow and see what's in their shop window, so you can see if it's worth the trip..

Thank you so much, joeswe, you are so kind, I hope that no bother you too much:o

I plan to bring 2 Leica IIIf there, hoping that can have a chances to find some nice scene. Mainly I will have a meeting in Mannheim for whole 3 days from Tuesday to Thursday and then fry back on Friday.

I guess that may be on the evening will have chance to visit some shops.

I checked their shop window yesterday and took pictures of the Leica stuff. There are no thread mount lenses except for the Elmar already mentioned above. There are two thread mount bodies (IIIf und IIIa) as well as a Russian fake. There is an M4-P, an M2 (with later finder), and M8, a Summicron-C 40, an Elmar-C 90 and a goggled Summaron (don't buy this one, the lens is fogged up heavily and completely out of whack).

There also some R bodies, but I didn't take any pictures of them. If you PM me with your Email, I can send you the pictures directly (with prices on them). I don't want to post them here in the forum.

• Like 1

I checked their shop window yesterday and took pictures of the Leica stuff. There are no thread mount lenses except for the Elmar already mentioned above. There are two thread mount bodies (IIIf und IIIa) as well as a Russian fake. There is an M4-P, an M2 (with later finder), and M8, a Summicron-C 40, an Elmar-C 90 and a goggled Summaron (don't buy this one, the lens is fogged up heavily and completely out of whack).

There also some R bodies, but I didn't take any pictures of them. If you PM me with your Email, I can send you the pictures directly (with prices on them). I don't want to post them here in the forum.

Thank you very very much "joeswe" for your super kindness.

If you could send me the picture would be great, send here, chounws@hotmail.com

Thank:):):)