Advertisement (gone after registration)

I just made the move to digital Rangefinder from an M4, with the purchase of a used M8 from KEH camera. I also have a Leica X1.

I am unsure if this is a common issue or normal for the M8. It seems at all ISO i have a few, what appears to be Hot Pixels pink blue and green colored, the number of "spots" increases with higher ISO.

However when in play mode the photo displays these inperfections for a moment then the photo seems to correct and the Pixels or Spots are gone.

Also these are not noticable in the photos only at extreame crops

Does anyone know what this is, any help or advice will be greatly apriciated, could there be dozens of hot pixels? is this a issue with the sensor? Should i return this camera??

I just made the move to digital Rangefinder from an M4, with the purchase of a used M8 from KEH camera. I also have a Leica X1.

I am unsure if this is a common issue or normal for the M8. It seems at all ISO i have a few, what appears to be Hot Pixels pink blue and green colored, the number of "spots" increases with higher ISO.

However when in play mode the photo displays these inperfections for a moment then the photo seems to correct and the Pixels or Spots are gone.

Also these are not noticable in the photos only at extreame crops

Does anyone know what this is, any help or advice will be greatly apriciated, could there be dozens of hot pixels? is this a issue with the sensor? Should i return this camera??

I think that is normal for there to be a few, even at low ISO. Perhaps the sensor pixel mapping is not applied on the initial preview and when the M8 builds the larger zoomable preview, it maps out the bad pixels.

You will also notice they are there when you open the DNG files in Lightroom or other RAW processor, but will disappear when the program builds its own previews or you process an image.

if you have an excessive number at low ISO, you camera probably needs to be sent to Leica to have the sensor remapped or return it to KEH.

I would return it. Certainly processing maps it out, but to me it represents a building issue.

At some point Leica will not remap and tell you a new sensor is needed.

Depending on the actuations this could be a highly used camera or just a bad sensor. Lots of threads here on how to check.