Sign in to follow this  
SecretChord

New To Leica...Digilux 2 Question

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hi All,

Just got myself a Digilux 2.

Went to test today...overall, pretty impressed!

Question:

1. Is there a site or vendor where I can purchase a soft release button for the Digilux 2? I know other Leica models have the screw in...Can I do the same for the Digi2?

2. Also, where can I purchase a hood or square hood for the Digi2?

Mahalo!

SecretChord

Congratulations. Regarding #2: Your best bet is thorugh Panasonic, asking for the hood and lens cap for an LC1, the Panasonic equivalent of the Digilux 2.

Aloha, Secret Chord, welcome to the forum and congratulations on your new Digilux 2, which produces surprisingly good pictures!

You'll find lots of useful information about the D2 on Thorsten Overgaard's site.

A hui hou kakou,

Pete.

Haven't run across a soft release button, but I did buy an electronic shutter release from Amazon for around $20. You can also find them on eBay. They're inexpensive, work very well and some offer a few extra features (time lapse exposure, countdown).

Keep in mind that the Digilux 2 has a maximum exposure time of 8 seconds. So long exposures (minutes) are out.

on the lens hood i think Stu is correct , occasionally you can run across these items on ebay..... if you have some time i might try that route as i think you can always get one from Panny....... on second thought you might try leica relair in NJ they might have one