in a moment of desire

taosantamonica

Advertisement (gone after registration)

was just looking at the adorama site and their listing for the m monochrom didn't have the usual wording about not being available. i ordered one, it went through checkout and i got a confirming email. hoping it's not just a website mistake on their part!!!!!!...

strange thing is for the last couple of weeks i've been thinking hard and researching m film camera's for a different black and white companion to my m9p.

hopefully next tuesday i'll have a package in the post and a new learning journey

My experience is the same. Except I stumbled upon one in my local shop. 5 months ago. It was a consideration until I noticed the box behind the counter. I went home with the MM 15 minutes later! I am definitely not regretting my decision!

Initially I expected to have to wait many months...

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I have had mine for several weeks but just now have the opportunity to use it. It sure is fun. While I was rehabbing my knee, I found some filters and another strap and now have time to play. I do not think you will regret your addition. The detail in the files is amazing.

I thought I would just click on the MM link for Adorama and I saw nothing that said it was not available. I clicked on add to cart and it said proceed to check out. Maybe its just me but that is not right. Most reputable retailers are honest about their available stock. I ranted and I feel better.:mad:

I thought I would just click on the MM link for Adorama and I saw nothing that said it was not available. I clicked on add to cart and it said proceed to check out. Maybe its just me but that is not right. Most reputable retailers are honest about their available stock. I ranted and I feel better.:mad:

I agree totally. Any dealer that misrepresents the stock status of a product is dishonest with the customer. I do not do business with those dealers. Period.

I have used Adorama quite a bit and they are generally very good about noting when things are not available. This is a bit of a surprise, but I do know they won't charge your credit card until they are ready to ship and their sales service is very responsive and good to work with. Having said all that, they are a mass merchant and for hard to find Leica equipment I have found that dealers that are more specialized with Leica tend to have better availability and delivery information.

Guest WPalank

Guys, Adorama is famous for this "order now:" and suddenly showing up back-ordered or it is in a font so small you don't notice it. This happened to me on several occasions when trying to locate color contrast filters to go with my MM.

The good new is that you can give them a call or send them an email and they will take care of you.

I have discussed this with them over the phone on several occasions, they apologize and promise to look into it, but to no avail.....

I have used Adorama quite a bit and they are generally very good about noting when things are not available.

I've seen the not available wording on their listing for the monochrom so that's why i was hoping they actually had them in stock. I've had a couple of other types of problems ordering off their website in the past though. I usually order over the phone with them because of that. When ordering off their website they have never charged my credit card until the item is sent and just looking at my credit account they haven't with this order either.

I guess my getting a monochrom is going to be a lesson in patience is a virtue

edit...just talked/complained to them about the website confusion and cancelled my order. the person i talked to said a couple of months wait and a 40 person waiting list

Edited by taosantamonica