New M240 photos

Bazwell

Indeed.

Storm, teacup.

It strikes me that the good Doctor may not be a good photographer per se but he clearly has other expertise and will therefore presumably approach things from a different perspective to that of others.

When I was a beta tester for a new mobile phone a few years ago I was picked to be in the group because I classed as a "heavy business user". Others were picked because they were tech-heads who would try to root the thing within 30 seconds. We were all expected to "do our thing" to put the 'phone through it's paces. For all I know somebody else was picked because they were good at texting, or playing games.

My point is that the new M has to be tested - and work - in ALL departments. I don't think this chap has been put on the programme for his photographic skills...

Regards.

Bill

• Like 3

As ever, people will see what they want to see in these photos. I don't think any conclusions can be drawn other than the photographer enjoys sailing. Good for him – it seems like a pleasant way to spend a bit of time.

Personally I find the colour quite interesting (though I'm generally unpersuaded by the colour that I have got from any digital camera and lean towards film where possible for colour).

• Like 2

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I for one will not be opening any more posts titled M-240 photos unless it also reads 'official'.

Perhaps it's a marketing idea to keep people guessing in an under promise/over deliver kind of way but I really have no idea why they permit these kind of photos which are clearly far from the finished product, with such tight non disclosures, to be published (for want of a better word).

I think the personal attacks should be removed. I'm the last person to advocate censorship, but this is just bad form - especially considering he's not here to defend himself.

I'm all for discussing the merits of the camera and the images, but these personal attacks are totally off-base.

• Like 5

i agree. And the insinuations. For all we know he worked on the M project in some way- or has some other intimate connection with Solms. Reading the mans distinguished record: to suggest he maybe broke an agreement- is both irrational and absurd (bordering on slanderous). I also strongly doubt this is part of some elaborate plan hatched at Solms marketing - that uses a distinguished professor of Microwave technologies and corporate CEO to run a false 'false flag' 'bad color' operation :rolleyes:... let's not get carried away with conspiracy theories here just yet. Facts first: theories after.

• Like 1

Sorry, but the CV of this guy cuts no ice with me. Being a Professor of some engineering department somewhere doesn't make you especially qualified to evaluate products like this. Heads of Department are, in my experience, more concerned with promoting their activities, securing funding and the rest, not with actually doing detailed work.

Who knows? Maybe this chap and Dr Kaufmann are simply alumni buddies who like nothing more than blasting the back-sides off wild boar in Austria.

In any event, he should put a lid on his self-indugence. Leica for their part should hurry up and give us some images which show off the capabilities of this camera. I would hate to think there's a problem with it...

Edited by marknorton
  • Like 2

Nice yachts

nothing to do with cameras as far as I can see

Saying that, Leica just sent me the new M (240) brochure and there are only three pictures taken by the 240 on a beach which are not that amazing.

Interestingly the brochure has the M-E and MM in as well, and the picture taken with the M-E looks sharper.

I think we all have to continue to wait to see anything useful at all

However frustrating that may be ....

One in this position is well aware of the attention it will garner them. Particularly when it's done for the second time around.

When you show to the world, something as greatly anticipated world over as the first images available from the new M you are well aware of the kind of comments, ideas, speculation, conspiracies (:rolleyes:) or what you ever you chose to call them, you are going to stir up.

Since the first set received an equal response I'm sure it's of no surprise or matter to them what people think.

One tends to wonder why the need to show the world when so many testers, BETA or otherwise have managed to remain discrete about it.

Methinks Shakespeare got it right when he wrote "much ado about nothing". (yet)

Maybe the M was announced prematurely.

A impatient friend of mine has given up waiting and gone and bought himself something else with money that he probably wouldn't have thought of spending yet had he not put it aside for a new M when he thought the turn of the (last) year was a realistic delivery time.

He may be a bit of a fool in this respect, but his money's worth the same as everyone else's.