Sign in to follow this  
dpitt

Hurray my M8 has got the coffee stain issue! Advice needed

Any differences would not be noticed. You must put up with a full frame sensor and lack of UV/IR filters though:D

Edited by Bill Wendlandt

So after an initial long waiting time for Leica to react to my mails I can now announce that a silver ex-demo (10% off the price) M9-P is on its way from Solms. But as I will be traveling I can only hold the new camera in about 3 weeks time.

Once the corresponding with Leica got underway all went smooth, my thanks therefore to the people of Customer Service. I only have myself to blame that I waited too long to take contact with Leica and so my M8 was already 7 days into his 5th year and this costs me now some extra money. But soon we will have a "new" M9-P with 2 years warranty for little over half on the price in the shop.

Regards

Gerd

Anyone from the UK looking at this topic had their M8 replaced?

Mine has just developed the stain....body brought nearly 5 years ago. I have just sent an email to Solms asking about an exchange (with a scan of my reciept) but just wondered what the UK price/experience has been?

I love mine as well, but wasn't as lucky as you on shutter actuations. Mine had many, many more, but I asked for a black body, so maybe that's why. Anyway, enjoy!!!

Sorry to bring this topic back up but I now find myself with the dreaded coffee stain on my M8.2. Maybe this will finally get me to consider upgrading.

It was originally purchased in June 2009.

Anyone recently been through this with Leica (preferably via Solms) - and can advise what replacement options and costs are likely?

I have held off upgrading simply because I enjoy using the M8.2 so much - and I am used to the crop factor on my existing lenses. The stain is only (at present) noticeable on light images and I only chimp to check exposure (roughly) or composition when using a 21mm lens - so I guess can live with it!

Not feeling particularly Hurray though......if I take advantage of any upgrade it will inevitably incur a cost and mean I am without a rangefinder for a period of time.

James

Edited by bideford

Sorry to bring this topic back up but I now find myself with the dreaded coffee stain on my M8.2. Maybe this will finally get me to consider upgrading.

Anyone recently been through this with Leica (preferably via Solms) - and can advise what replacement options and costs are likely?

I have held off upgrading simply because I enjoy using the M8.2 so much - and I am used to the crop factor on my existing lenses. The stain is only (at present) noticeable on light images and I only chimp to check exposure (roughly) or composition when using a 21mm lens - so I guess can live with it!

Not feeling particularly Hurray though......if I take advantage of any upgrade it will inevitably incur a cost and mean I am without a rangefinder for a period of time.

James

I posted on this a while back exchanged M8 for ME and paid €2200. I had recently bought an MM so this was done so I would have a nice complimentary bodies/lens combo and take advantage of the offer. Also thought the exchange price was good looking at second hand M8 prices. The M8 was a great camera but prefer the ME.

James

I posted on this a while back exchanged M8 for ME and paid €2200. I had recently bought an MM so this was done so I would have a nice complimentary bodies/lens combo and take advantage of the offer. Also thought the exchange price was good looking at second hand M8 prices. The M8 was a great camera but prefer the ME.

Also took 8 days from start of process to finish (I am in the UK)