Sign in to follow this  
Iduna

illuminated village

Advertisement (gone after registration)

The Open-Air Museum in Detmold, Germany, Northrhine Westphalia, is the biggest of its kind in Europe. Old farmhouses from the region were shifted to this place and their historic value can be admired along with tools of agriculture and arts of craftsmanship. Walking in a beautiful landscape with a look into history makes this place a great attraction.

In winterseason it is closed but opened on the 2nd advent for this occasion ans everything is being illuminated.

The first picture is showing the central village with a pond, the second one is showing the same village from a distant view.

All pictures taken with Canon 5D MKII and the Elmarit R 35 mm.

Thanks for viewing

[ATTACH]350921[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]350922[/ATTACH]

Iduna,

These are lovely pictures. Many years ago when my boys were little guys, we would dress them up in their pj's and a coat, jump in the car at this time of the year, and drive around looking at the outside Christmas lighting. My, how I miss those days of old.

Paul

Paul,

your lines are very emotional this time. I appreciate your comment very much. It makes me happy when pictures are doing what they are meant for. Many thanks.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this