Lens hood for Voigtlander 21mm f/4

Erik Gunst Lund

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I use the voigtlander LH-2 hood with this lens on my M8, no vignetting, even wide open. Can't use this hood for full frame, it vignettes even at f8 or f11. I will try to locate the 12518 rubber hood for this lens on my M2.

Thanks,

Russell

Has anyone tried the12504 divisible hood for the 35/1.4 version 2 or 35/f2 version 2/3 lenses on the 21/4 voigtlander lenses? I am sure they will work on M8 cameras w/o any vignetting, but will they work on full frame cameras? Please let me know if this hood works for full frame cameras (and this lens combination) w/o vignetting.

Russell

I have tested my lens hood for the 28mm 2.8 ASPH 12526

And it doesn't fit on my Voigtlander Screwmount 21mm f/4.

The 12526 is made from plastic so the locking pins are further from the mount than the metal version 14585

Obviously there is a big risk of rotation of the 12526 even if it fits... unless you make four grooves for the locking pins.

The 12526 hood fits well on the M version of the CV 21/4 where it grips onto the external hood thread of the lens but the hood rotates easily indeed. Blocking it should be possible through some DIY magic i guess but the buttons of the hood are easy to hit when turning the aperture ring so better have thin fingers for that.

The 12526 hood fits well on the M version of the CV 21/4 where it grips onto the external hood thread of the lens but the hood rotates easily indeed. Blocking it should be possible through some DIY magic i guess but the buttons of the hood are easy to hit when turning the aperture ring so better have thin fingers for that.

I should have made clear that I had an M mount 21/4 indeed. However, I find that if I push the hood to the maximum on the lens, it won't rotate easily, even without any DIY magic.

• 4 years later...