Recommended case

Patek Calatrava

These look pretty good for the money, but how do they stay on, is it just pressure with it being a tight fit ? As there doesn't appear to be a screw in the tripod bush or any strapping

there is a gold metal screw at the bottom to fix it, but I don't like using these, so I popped it out and just slide the case on.

It is reasonably tight, but not too tight, stays on fine.

I just ordered a case made by Gariz off of eBay. I wanted something with smooth leather in a half case that didn't bulk up the X1. I should have it by Friday, so I'll post a couple of photos and let you know my thoughts...

Looks like a sexy case with the red stitching...

Gariz Genuine Leather Case Leica x1 X2 XS CHX1MBKR Black Red | eBay

• Like 2

I received the Gariz case for the X1/X2 today and it fits like a glove. Not too snug and not too loose. It adds about 1cm of height to the camera when installed. Very, very nice build quality and the packaging is Leica-ish ;)

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

I think the Gariz cases look very impressive, if they turn their attention to the M series Leicas then I think they will bite into Luigi leicatimes share of the market

I agree - not a fan of the Luigi metal bottom plate for battery/card access, but their cases sure do look nice... Here's hoping they get a nice M case out soon!

Did the strap come with that case?

I knew the minute I posted those pics someone was going to ask me that... No it didn't and I REALLY wish I could remember what piece of camera gear I pulled it off of because it's a nice strap. Absolutely no markings on it to help either...

Gariz makes some nice straps ad they're not all that expensive either - here's one I saw that matches the case I purchased.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/GARIZ-XA-WFSN2-Camera-Wrist-Strap-For-NEX-PEN-LUMIX-Mirrorless-Camera-Strap-/121022016331?pt=US_Camera_Straps_Hand_Grips&hash=item1c2d796b4b

Edited by NikonJeff

I see you have a Street Strap too? I have one on my M9 and it's very nice, especially since it's 46" long. Having the extra length versus the A&A strap helps cross chest carry as I've got a bit if a gut :o Can't beat the price either - bought mine on Amazon for $68.00 shipped!

I received the Gariz case for the X1/X2 today and it fits like a glove. Not too snug and not too loose. It adds about 1cm of height to the camera when installed. Very, very nice build quality and the packaging is Leica-ish ;)

Looks very nice indeed, but what does it mean in terms of felt weight though, it appears to be a a little "heavy" with the aluminum bottom plate?

Looks very nice indeed, but what does it mean in terms of felt weight though, it appears to be a a little "heavy" with the aluminum bottom plate?

I just weighed the X1 with battery, SD card, strap , and lens cap - No case, 350g (12 13/8 oz) VS with case, 400g (14 1/8 oz). Not a heck of a big difference IMHO, and like I said it feels nice, looks nice and improves how it sits in my hand.

Jeff

• Like 1