Old lenses on the Monochrom. POST EXAMPLES HERE!

JeffoJeffo

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 639
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Leica Hologon 15mm f8 ltm + MM-68 by The Bokeh World with old lenses~~~, on Flickr

Leica Hologon 15mm f8 ltm + MM-60 by The Bokeh World with old lenses~~~, on Flickr

Leica Hologon 15mm f8 ltm + MM-95 by The Bokeh World with old lenses~~~, on Flickr

Shot this yesterday, using my beater of a 35mm Summaron (a 1959 copy) on my M Monochrom. Honestly, the more I shoot this lens, the more I think I prefer it to my 35mm Summilux ASPH FLE. It seems to deliver tones in spades, more so than the modern lens. And it's razor sharp.

Edited by colint544

Three photographs of waterfowl taken with a Monochrom + Visoflex III + 280mm f/4.8 Telyt at f/5.6.

Thirsty cygnet (Cygnus olor)

Black headed gull — already in winter plumage (Larus ridibundus)

Canada goose (Branta canadensis).

in Busan by JMF_, on Flickr

Adil Hussain by JMF_, on Flickr

35 Summicron v1

• 3 weeks later...

After reading a lot about how well classic lenses render on the MM, I bought a Nikkor 35mm 1.8, Canon 35mm 1.8 and 2.0, Nikkor 50mm 1.4 and Canon 50mm 1.4. It has been a lot of fun putting them through their paces.

Below are shots taken with both Nikkors. All but the beach scene are with the 35mm 1.8. The beach scene was taken with the Nikkor 50mm 1.4.

Overall, I love these lenses and am having a hard time deciding which ones to keep (I really only need one for each focal length). I'm leaning towards keeping both Nikkors because of their IQ, build quality (they're built like small tanks), feel and speed. The Canons are excellent as well, however.

Hexanon 60mm f1.2 1st version + MM-119 by The Bokeh World with old lenses~~~, on Flickr

Hexanon 60mm f1.2 1st version + MM-107 by The Bokeh World with old lenses~~~, on Flickr

MM + 50mm Summicron f2 at f5.6 (all 3)

• 3 weeks later...

Nikkor 2.8cm F3.5 with Yellow filter, wide-open

Ironing_Table

Upstairs_fireplace

Nikkor 13.5cm F4, Leica Mount. Wide-Open, Orange filter.

Nikkor 13.5cm F4

100% crop of the above. There were not many of these lenses made, was replaced within a year of introduction by the F3.5 lens.

Nikkor 13.5cm F4

Also at F4,

Nikkor 13.5cm F4 Edited by Lenshacker

"Just a Test", today's project. This 1936 Carl Zeiss Jena 5cm F1.5 Sonnar is within 60 lenses of one picked up a few years ago. That lens is coated- one of the earliest coated lenses, this one is uncoated. Neither lens had ever been opened up before, but this one had a cross-threaded retaining ring.

Wide-open at F1.5, now in Leica thread mount using a J-3 focus mount.

Sonnar 5cm f1.5, uncoated

at F4,

Sonnar 5cm f1.5, uncoated

Walz 40.5mm Orange filter for "Sonnar" fit perfectly.

First "live" shot with the above lens, also with the Walz Orange filter.

Wide-open,

Signal Hill

Signal Hill

We've been going to this playground since my daughter was 3months old. I've had practice, this is also at F1.5. Waited for her face to come into the area I pre-focused on.

Signal Hill

Focus wide-open is spot-on.

At F4, plenty of contrast.

Signal Hill Edited by Lenshacker