Old lenses on the Monochrom. POST EXAMPLES HERE!

JeffoJeffo

• 2 weeks later...
Guest NEIL-D-WILLIAMS

Has anyone tried one of these puppies on the MM ..............I am thinking of getting one while I wait for a 50mm APO

Leica 50mm F2 Collapsible

Has anyone tried one of these puppies on the MM ..............I am thinking of getting one while I wait for a 50mm APO

Leica 50mm F2 Collapsible

Absolutely, go for one, anyone actually (choose depending on what look you are after).

1936 Leitz 5cm f2 Summar:

8184305055_c988c9b5b9_c.jpgportrait - white sunglasses by teknopunk.com, on Flickr

8184310939_7229d158a0_c.jpgportrait - two women - fashion by teknopunk.com, on Flickr

• Like 4

Leitz 5cm f2 Summitar:

8399154950_6136e0efea_c.jpgportrait - young woman with glasses by teknopunk.com, on Flickr

… and a 50 f2 Summicron v1 in M-mount:

8105608102_11aa62a80f_c.jpgportrait - man with kite closeup by teknopunk.com, on Flickr

8198418153_a057da744e_c.jpgdrive by shots - woman on e-bike by teknopunk.com, on Flickr

Best everyday user of the three is the latest, the v1 Summicron collapsible (native E39 filter, sturdy, great built quality). All of them are difficult to find with clean glass, as they have notoriously soft glass, taken up marks of time over the lifetimes of their owners.

• Like 3

M Monochrom and 90mm Tele-Elmarit "fat" version 1.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 4

Great thread, Jaap. I don't have a chance to post here often, but I have very much enjoyed the "look" of older M lenses on the the Monochrom, finding the tonal rendering appropriate to the subject and the sharpness adequate to the sensor and more approrpiately to the subjects being photographed...the MM thus begins a new journey of rediscovery, at least for me...

A couple of samples...

Canon 35 mm f/2.8 LTM

8124024259_718d408439_b.jpg

Leitz Summilux 50 mm f/1/4 v2, E 43

8237284784_b99404c2dd_b.jpg

Leitz 50 mm f/2 Summicron v2 (Rigid Summicron)

8063063226_4df9dfa1e3_b.jpg

Leitz Summicron 90 mm f/2, version 2 (telescoping hood, E48)

8133808081_853f83d0d3_b.jpg

Ashwin:

Your first photo states that it was taken with a Canon 35mm 2.8 LTM. You've written, as has Steve Huff, about the Canon 50mm 1.8 LTM and the Nikkor 35mm 1.8 LTM on the MM. The Canon 35mm 1.8 LTM is more readily available and considerably less expansive than the Nikkor 35mm 1.8 LTM. How does it - and Canon's 35mm 2.8 LTM - compare with the Nikkor to you?

Rich

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Monochrom & Canon 50mm f1.4 LTM (1962 vers.)

I found a mint copy of this lens & mint lens hood for a couple of hundred $.

Taken in Cannes this afternoon.

f5.6

[ATTACH]355411[/ATTACH]

f5.6

[ATTACH]355412[/ATTACH]

f1.4

[ATTACH]355413[/ATTACH]

Beautiful shots. I just purchased what looks like a mint version (there are many for sale from Japan on eBay) and look forward to using it on the MM.

Rich

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Really amazing images here, much enjoyed. I went all through and have to confess I am really impressed by all the images here. Especially the lenses from JeffoJeffo as the Astro Berlin Tachon 75 and the sapphire lens are interesting...! They render really beautiful.

I am wondering how to get all the crazy lenses fixed and operated by the MM. I also have one Monochrom and love to use it with my Rgid summicron from 1959.

Could anyone help me to learn how to get the lenses mounted and properly focused with a mono?

Thanks in advance.

Really amazing images here, much enjoyed. I went all through and have to confess I am really impressed by all the images here. Especially the lenses from JeffoJeffo as the Astro Berlin Tachon 75 and the sapphire lens are interesting...! They render really beautiful.

I am wondering how to get all the crazy lenses fixed and operated by the MM. I also have one Monochrom and love to use it with my Rgid summicron from 1959.

Could anyone help me to learn how to get the lenses mounted and properly focused with a mono?

Thanks in advance.

Which lenses do you have in mind?

Is your Rigid fine on your Mono? Are you using other 50mm M lenses ?

Might have to move this Q & A to chat so you're welcome to PM me !

Best, Jean-Marc.