"Barcodes" at the M8 display....

Guest Olof

Advertisement (gone after registration)

i just took a picture and my M8 shows me for am moment black and white stripes at the diplay. The picture itself was OK, and later i could get these "Barcodes" again. But i also havent seen them before ? Any ideas what this was ?

I also had those, but only once so far. Never before updating to the last firmware. I had a feeling, at the time, that I was quicker at the release button than I use to. In that case, it has something to do with the startup routine. However, I am not perfectly sure about this.

Best

Willy

Got the red/black stripes on the very first shot after the firmware upgrade. Until then everything had been working OK. Thought "Oh my why did I have to do that so fast..." Five hundred shots later and it hasn't happened again!

First batch M8 not fixed.

Good luck

Joe

It probably sounds redundant but I too have had the "zebra" screen twice since updating to firmware 92. It seems like it was on the first shot preview after turning on the camera. Previews after that are ok and the particular shot is ok. Sounds like a bug in the firmware since this is the only problem I have had with my M8 cross my fingers!!!!

• 8 months later...

Dick

First of all welcome to the forum.

This thread relates to a problem reviewing images shot with the M8. A firmware bug causes the screen to show red/black or white/black stripes / venetian blinds / bar code pattern rather than the shot image.

There are several threads that covers coding a Zeiss lens as a Leica counterpart for use on an M8. Use the search feature.

- Carl

Dick

First of all welcome to the forum.

This thread relates to a problem reviewing images shot with the M8. A firmware bug causes the screen to show red/black or white/black stripes / venetian blinds / bar code pattern rather than the shot image.

There are several threads that covers coding a Zeiss lens as a Leica counterpart for use on an M8. Use the search feature.

- Carl

Dear Carl,

Thanks