Copenhagen Day Winner

andybarton

Several people have asked for some idea of the scores for the shots, so here are the top ten

As I say, if anyone wants the full spreadsheet, just drop me a line

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 3

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Excellent Andy

Thank you - Of course my motives for asking will seem terribly flawed :confused: . But I really wanted to see how well some others had done - notably Jana for her wonderful 'Android' shot.

I think it's great to see who nearly made it, a real encouragement to try harder next year!

The lesson I've learned is to visit the place you plan to shoot - I didn't - we got there (after a long walk), and I realised that I should have opted for a wide angle lens.

Carl,

Was your Summaron the beautiful f/2.8 from Photographica and therefore 'sight unseen' before the Challenge? If so, even more kudos to you for using an unknown lens on a film camera for the Challenge.:)

Pete.

Thanks Pete, yes it was the brand new old lens I used. I must admit I did check it on the M8 before using it for the challenge.

Cheers,

Carl

• Like 1

I did too. I used a 54 collapsible Summicron bought from there that morning.

Doesn't give as good results as Carl's lens, by the looks of it :)

You are braver than me Andy.

I'm really impressed with the Summaron. I'd say it is the best price/performance of any of the glass I have. I'm really looking forward to using it more on film.

Cheers,

Carl

• Like 2

Well done, Mr Barton, I didn't know that Eric had snared you too.:D

Quite a lucrative Challenge for Photographica by the sound of it if you include two mint screw mount Leicas with red scale Elmars. Any others that I've missed?:rolleyes:

Pete.

Hi There

I only escaped by minutes . . we arrived just as they were locking up - I'm not sure whether it was a fortunate escape . . . or something to regret! Looking through the bars in the window there seemed to be lots of shiny temptations.

all the best

• Like 1

Well, a tremendous challenge, and a very worthy winner, with exceptional runners-up. This competition goes from strength to strength but it never, ever gets any easier! Pete, that was a very magnanimous gesture - thank you so much.

Regards.

Bill

• Like 5