Using the 2.8/28 PC Super-Angulon-R on the M

Manolo Laguillo

Manolo - could you describe a bit more what "best" means? In terms of cyan shift? Vignetting? Distortion? Glad you're still playing with the possibilities :)

The code for the 50 f/1 11821/11822 is the one that gives the 'best looking' deep blue sky, with less vignetting and color shift.

Before it I had the code for the WATE, the one among the wide angle codes that gave the best results IMO. But not being truly satisfied I began experimenting with the other codes, even with those not intended for wide angles, and so I came to this amazing result: the one that works is the Noctilux one!

• Like 2

The code for the 50 f/1 11821/11822 is the one that gives the 'best looking' deep blue sky, with less vignetting and color shift.

Before it I had the code for the WATE, the one among the wide angle codes that gave the best results IMO. But not being truly satisfied I began experimenting with the other codes, even with those not intended for wide angles, and so I came to this amazing result: the one that works is the Noctilux one!

I assume you mean it works without shifting the lens. When you shift the lens do you get colour casts?

I assume you mean it works without shifting the lens. When you shift the lens do you get colour casts?

it works well with the lens shifted in regard to the vignetting, and the color cast is perhaps there, but I could not see it yet, so it's not there... With overcast days we will see, I'll inform you :-) Now in Barcelona we are having very nice weather, the sky is perfectly blue since many days ago :-)

• 2 months later...

Recently I bought a 35 PC Nikkor in a very good shape, preparing for the new M.

Some tests (with a Novoflex adapter) on the M9 show that when focusing at infinity the focus is off. That's not the case with the 28 PC Super-Angulon-R.

With the M240 it will be possible to work with both lenses even close up!

• Like 1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Anyone preparing for the M might be interested in the pristine Nikon 28 PC f3.5 lens + 300mm ED f4.5 that I've just put on to the Buy and Sell. These are advertised with a specially adapted Nikon to M adapter with the correct coding for the M-240 and so that it brings up the correct framelines (Malcolm Taylor did this work for me).

I'm selling as I've been able to source some alternatives that more closely suit my needs - but both lenses have been tested on the M-240 and produce excellent results.

• 3 months later...
Jaap:

You may be correct and maybe it is sensors with micro lenses that cause the problem. I know when I ran into it on the DMR, when I asked people using regular Canon or Nikon SLRs, they were not experiencing it with PC/Shift lenses.

Incidentally, my 19mm R had a bit of this cyan vignetting, but once I had ROM installed on it, the DMR just corrected for it automatically.

Mine has a Nikon mount and no edge coloration.

• 8 years later...