Visoflex, please advice

jip

That's right. No. 41 is a Visoflex III and the others are Visoflex II's for screw-mount and M bodies respectively.

The release levers are different on all three. The one on the screw-mount Viso II is shaped for the location of the shutter button on screw-mount bodies, which is different from that on M bodies. The one on the Visoflex III has additional vertical clearance and a longer adjusting screw so it can be used on the taller bodies (M5, M6TTL, M7 and digital Ms) as well as the original shape (M6 and earlier).

All three accept the same prisms and magnifiers. But the 90° prism made for the Visoflex II cannot be used with the taller bodies.

The Visoflex III is the only one that can be mounted on and removed from the body with the 90° prism in place.

• Like 1

Thanks for all the information, Now I really like the visoflex 3, and I have ordered a finder for it.

I've got a 90mm summicron which I've heard can work with the visoflex (when you take of the head of the lens, and mount it in a converter. Does anyone know what converter that might be?)

I've tested all three and they all seem to work as they should (as far as I can tell as a visoflex newbie)

I bought all 3 for a VERY low price.

Thanks for the information thus far, and please educate me if you wish! haha

Do they also have a 'word code' like: DOOBC or DNWOO?

Thanks for the very useful website,

16462, the focusing unit, was also listed as ZOOEP, and the extension ring 16474 was previously named OUEPO.

Take note that only the "old" Summicron 90 had the lenshead removable for Visoflex usage... from the "1980" version (items were available even before 1980, indeed...) the lenshead is no more removable.

Edited by luigi bertolotti