Next lens - opinions : 28 or 35mm?

ghn

They are two totally different focal lengths. The answer lies in your personal taste and style. None of us know you from Adam so our opinion is of no value.

Regards,

Bill

Sent from another Galaxy

You are right .... but I can not decide.

If were YOU , wich one you choose?

Thanks GHN

As you've specifically asked for our personal preferences, if I had a 15 (although personally I don't go wider than 21) and 50 I would next get a 28.

1. Gives you a more versatile spread/spacing of focal lengths.

2. Widest lens that doesn't need an external VF for accurate framing.

3. Widest focal length without feeling/looking like a wide angle, or needing to be overly concerned with the distortion/perspective issues that affect wide angle images.

4. The 28 can be used on it's own as a general purpose lens.

4. I think that 50 and 28 is an extremely versatile combination in it's own right, in fact it's my favourite two lens combo for general use.

I should add if I'm only taking one lens out for general purpose, family photographs, etc. it's usually 35 so I'd recommend you consider this focal length as your fourth lens.

• Like 1

The whole point is, I am not you. You may as well ask what underpants you should wear - it is that personal.

Regards,

Bill

Sent from another Galaxy

Sorry Bill if I insisted. Thank you for your time anyway.

GHN

I would start with a secondhand 28 or 35 and see how you bond with the size, if you don't intend to ultimately have both. You can generally sell Leica for what you paid.

I wouldn't want to be without 35mm, my favourite length, if they did 40mm I would probably choose that as the ultimate single lens. I would choose 35 over 50 if I have to pick one lens, but that's just me. I have 28 and 35 and have no intention of selling either.

• Like 1

Why?

Advice like this is meaningless unless you have an understanding of the OP. For years the Leica holy trinity was 35-50-90; saying that that is of no benefit to the OP either.

There is absolutely no point in advising a focal length based upon your personal preference unless you know and relate to the OP, how they work, their choice of subject matter, their vision, their tolerance to weighty lenses, their level of skill...

Regards,

Bill

Sent from another Galaxy

I would start with a secondhand 28 or 35 and see how you bond with the size, if you don't intend to ultimately have both. You can generally sell Leica for what you paid.

I wouldn't want to be without 35mm, my favourite length, if they did 40mm I would probably choose that as the ultimate single lens. I would choose 35 over 50 if I have to pick one lens, but that's just me. I have 28 and 35 and have no intention of selling either.

Now this is sound advice, because ultimately it is saying "try both at marginal cost and make up your own mind"

Regards,

Bill

Sent from another Galaxy

• Like 1

The logical decision is to get a 15-28-50 but if you haven't use a 35 before I think that you must do it. Perhaps you change your 50 for a 75 and you get a new escheme 15-35-75

Ja ja, more doubts...

Personally I love 35mm it's more versatile for me. And in 35's I love the 35 cron asph it's very well balanced in quality price and size.

• Like 1