How to take moving subject without blurr picture

I am using the m9 with 50mm lense. However' date=' when taking photo of moving subject (a kid is playing), usually some details of the kid is blurr, however, if i put shutter speed fast, the pict is dark.

Any advise

Many thanks

Tan[/quote']

The first question would be... have you increased your lens aperture while increasing shutter speed? if not, try it, but recognize that it will be harder and harder to keep the subject in focus as you open the aperture. otherwise or additionally, . Increase ISO to add sensitivity as you increase shutter speed.

Good luck.

Well guys I remember my first time taking photos manually with the range finder. I had encountered these problem as well.

genuine or troll?

I situation like this I will increase the shutter speed by increasing the ISO. But for focusing issues - I will hyper focal by playing with the aperture. Hope it helps.

First allow me to wish you welcome and to congratulate you on your new M9.

Frankly, I think we would all find it a challenge to shoot a fast moving kid with a manual focus camera. especially with a 50mm lens at only 1.5 m distance.

First of all you need a lot of light, so you can both stop down the lens e.g. to f/5.6, maybe even further and use a short exposure time <1/125 sec. Using a higher ISO setting as suggested above can also help. Then pre set the lens to the approximate correct distance i.e. 1.5 m and then shoot, shoot and shoot while trying to keep the child in focus and capture the good moments. It is hard, but fun and rewarding when you succeed. Please post your result and show us!

• Like 3

Hookeye in Oslo, - thanks for sensible answer.:)

Yes, - with a digital camera, - simply shoot until you meet focus where you want it.

Sometimes you can also get lucky: One single shot, -“click”, - hence was the cat away and the girl was left as a question mark.;)

Taken with a film based Leica.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 1

I am using the m9 with 50mm lense. However, when taking photo of moving subject (a kid is playing), usually some details of the kid is blurr, however, if i put shutter speed fast, the pict is dark.

Any advise

Many thanks

Tan

Hello and welcome to photography!!! :confused:

You must be very fortunate to have a m9 as your learner camera. :eek:

You should buy the book Understanding Exposure by Bryan Peterson. All of your questions can be answered there.

Hello Tan,

Welcome to the Forum.

You will find your M9 & 50mm lens is a good combination for photographing moving children both close up & @ further distances. It is also a useful combination for a # of other subjects in a # of other circumstances.

It will probably be useful to begin by reading the instruction manual for the M9. This will help explain the interrelationships between shutter speeds, lens openings, etc & what those relationships mean in terms of various subjects.

If you don't have 1 already, a free copy of the instruction manual should be available on line @ the Leica Web Site.

Then it might further be useful to read a book about basic photography. The parameters of picture taking (as oppposed to image processing) are thre same whether the book you read deals w/ film photography or digital photography.

It also helps to practice w/ your camera/lens. Just sit & focus, set the light meter, aperture, shutter speed & so on. Practice & familiarity helps sharpen ability.

Also continue to ask questions throughout the Forum. That is part of what the various sections in this Forum are for.

Best Regards,

Michael

• Like 1

I am using the m9 with 50mm lense. However, when taking photo of moving subject (a kid is playing), usually some details of the kid is blurr, however, if i put shutter speed fast, the pict is dark.

Any advise

Many thanks

Tan

Choose Auto ISO from your menu, then leave exposure dial to A for auto exposure. Choose an aperture like 4 or 5.6 or more if light permits you to do so and shoot.

And finally learn about exposure which is influenced by those 3 parameters at any given time, which means that if you change one of the 3 you should also change one of the rest two to counter exposure which governs light amount

Make the child sit absolutely still. Use of a cane or thick leather belt may help to 'encourage' correct behaviour. Then it's cod liver oil by spoon and off to bed!

A cane or leather belt, or lack thereof, is probably why you are the way you are.

pre focus and use f 11, and any flash capable of auto. iso 160 should do.

shutter speed depending on external conditions, say 60 - 125.

if in the evening, raise iso and reduce shutter to 1/15, f 5.6 to f 8.

with no flash you can still do the same.but shutter has to be fast, 1/500. so iso goes up, even to 1250, f 5.6 or f 11 and pre focus.

alternatively use f as you wish, but focus by moving and not by turning focus ring.

if the kids are running towards you is very difficult. and pre focus is the only way.

G

pre focus and use f 11, and any flash capable of auto. iso 160 should do.

shutter speed depending on external conditions, say 60 - 125.

if in the evening, raise iso and reduce shutter to 1/15, f 5.6 to f 8.

with no flash you can still do the same.but shutter has to be fast, 1/500. so iso goes up, even to 1250, f 5.6 or f 11 and pre focus.

alternatively use f as you wish, but focus by moving and not by turning focus ring.

if the kids are running towards you is very difficult. and pre focus is the only way.

G

Have you SERIOUSLY took ANY picture with the ways you describe here?

Have you ever used this camera?