Focotar 4.5/50 diagram ?

a.noctilux

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I use the Focotar-2 as a copy lens on my BEOON for smaller formats..Valoy-2 for larger formats..here...

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by tsleica
add pics

21 hours ago, tsleica said:

"...I use the Focotar-2 as a copy lens on my BEOON for smaller formats..Valoy-2 for larger formats..here..."

Can you tell me what would be plus minus the maximum size of the original you can copy with the Valoy II?

Edited by M.Hilo

On 7/5/2021 at 11:40 AM, Tach said:

Thanks for the interesting discussion and the link - I have just checked my Focotar 2 (2 851 765) - seems it was in the last hundred being produced.

M.  I just checked my Focotar 2.  It is 2 851 432.  Not as close to the last hundred.  I think it came on a Reprovit IIa that I bought.

Can you tell me what would be plus minus the maximum size of the original you can copy with the Valoy II?

w/FF camera..I've done up to 7x17 inch negs. You will need the hard to find copy stand attachment for V2 and a adjustable/focusable helical M lens adapter ring (M to to whatever digital cam you use)..for fine focus + an M to screw mount adapter ring like VC. And extension rings of some sort to get the lens in the right focus area. I use a BEOON ext. ring on the V2 depending on print size needed. Works well and eliminates the need for an extra copy stand and keeps things parallel and flat. I had most of the stuff already so it was a no brainer. But I paid a lot for the copy stand attachment..until I found a cheaper one on Ebay.

Edited by tsleica
sp

Thank you tsleica!

My interest in Leitz reproduction equipment is mostly about certain parts Leitz produced that can be used for enlarging purposes. There's the coupler between the Focomat Ic column and the Valoy II column, called OKLMO. It became the first Reprovit. It also made possible to use the Valoy II enlarger in combination with the larger baseboard and column of the Focomat Ic.

And Leitz also made a connecting piece between the arm of the Reprovit II and the enlarger head of the Valoy II. Another cross-over which enabled the Reprovit user to turn it into an enlarger.