Tab focusing

jpreisch

I think you'll find the 90 Summicron - (or 'cron for short if you must - no "h" anywhere in the name) - requires too much torque to be focusable with one finger on a tab.

Something like the Leica Goodies "Steer" is more appropriate: www.leicagoodies.com

Or some people just tighten a cable tie around the 90/75 focus rings: http://www.repairshopresources.com/cableties.gif

Although I find thumb and forefinger to be just fine, myself.

indeed 90mm is often too heavy for tab use

I prefer to buy lenses with tab instead !

Like you, I love tab and dependent on that

I bought Summarit 50mm 2.5. What a goodness to focus with. I replaced Summicron with it.

If I ever buy 90mm, I think 90mm Summarit is very nice, it has large gripe that is Very easy to focus! Currently I have 90 Cron E55 which will be sold due it takes such time to focus.

You could attach one of these focussing tabs onto each lens with a self-adhesive 3M very high bond tape.

(For full disclosure: I have no connection with either supplier or product.)

Pete.

I use these, it can for instance be used on the Leica C 40mm f/2

It is held in place with a screw from the inside.

I agree that larger lenses are not suited for tap focusing... the zip tie will show this quickly...

I have a Leica M8 with 28 Chron, 90 Chron and 50 Voigtlander Nokton. Looking for a way to stick tab focusing on the 50 and 90. Any ideas? Sources?

I have moulded in situ with Araldite and black matt paint on two of my lenses the 90 and the 135 and both work correctly.Makes focusing very easy and quick.

David Watts.

St Mawes,

Cornwall.