Flange to Flange distance of a Visoflex body?

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Wilson,

That is an interesting point. I suppose it will still be possible to use manual lens selection and input whatever possibilities Leica chooses to give us. I tend to use Visoflex lenses mainly for macro work. I do not have any R lenses at present though if I did acquire any in future there is always the official R adapter at considerable cost.

Wilson,

That is an interesting point. I suppose it will still be possible to use manual lens selection and input whatever possibilities Leica chooses to give us. I tend to use Visoflex lenses mainly for macro work. I do not have any R lenses at present though if I did acquire any in future there is always the official R adapter at considerable cost.

Archie,

It is my understanding that Leica is not going to offer manual access to the R lens menu, presumably to encourage people to buy the official R to M adapter. Obviously you will be able to access manually, the M lens menu but that does not mirror the Visoflex lens range as well as the R lens menu does. It would be nice if there was a manual route to the R menu but maybe that is being kept back for a later version.

Wilson

• Like 1

Wilson,

Thanks for the explanation. While it would be convenient to record in Exif the lens used, or at least its Leica recognised equivalent, it is a facility that I can manage without. Fortunatelay the visoflex lenses are all of longer FL so in camera software correction is not so necessary as with short FL lenses.

If it became an important issue I expect that I could have an M mount for 28 and 90mm frames made. It is held in place on the adapter by four screws so it would be a fairly simple matter to make the swap.

Archie,

SRB are very pleasant helpful people from past experience. I am sure if you asked if you could exchange the 50/75 bayonet for a 28/90 one with preferably coding pits ready milled, it would not be a major issue. One R lens code which I hope will make a difference is the 60mm Macro Elmarit R when used with a 65mm/3.5 Elmar V. This should be good for my book copying/archiving work. I am going to buy a 28/90 LTM/LM ring with coding pits on it to fit on the back of my Novoflex LTM/LTM bellows. Unlike the Leica Bellows, this will fit direct to the front of an M body.

Wilson

• Like 1

I thought this item may be of general interest. New Kipon Adapter for Leica Viso Mount Lens to Olympus Micro 4 3 M4 3 Camera | eBay

Mounting a Leica VISO lens via adapter seems to catch on. :D :D

And another item: New Kipon Tilt Adapter for Leica R L R Mount Lens to Micro 4 3 M4 3 Camera | eBay

I wonder if such a type of adapter would make sense to adapt an R lens to the M-240? :confused::cool:

I thought this item may be of general interest. New Kipon Adapter for Leica Viso Mount Lens to Olympus Micro 4 3 M4 3 Camera | eBay

And another item: New Kipon Tilt Adapter for Leica R L R Mount Lens to Micro 4 3 M4 3 Camera | eBay

I wonder if such a type of adapter would make sense to adapt an R lens to the M-240? :confused::cool:

K-H,

I would have thought a shift adapter would be a better seller than a tilt. I certainly want to correct vertical and horizontal perspective more often than I want to change or reverse longitudinal. Kipon was one of the companies I contacted originally when I was trying to find someone to make a Viso to M extension tube but I got no reply.

I suspect they would have been considerably cheaper for this adapter than Amadeo Muscelli is ($125 FOB Caracas). I have just wished Amadeo Happy New Year and asked what is the state of play on progress on his Viso to M adapter. The final pre-production model should be back from the plating company by now.

Wilson

• Like 1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I am back here and want to know if this adapator is in or out the subject thank you ?

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 1

I have one of these. It works well with my Olympus OM-D and Visoflex lenses. With the crop factor of x2 it is very useful if longer focal lengths are needed and of course you get the benefit of image stabilisation.

• Like 1

JC,

Having spent quite a lot of money in the middle of last year buying a minty S3 280, that is the lens I want to use. I will sell my S2 + OUBIO with a Muscelli adapter attached, as and when they arrive.

Wilson

IHaving a M with the live view it will looks and works like this :

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 3

I have one of these. It works well with my Olympus OM-D and Visoflex lenses. With the crop factor of x2 it is very useful if longer focal lengths are needed and of course you get the benefit of image stabilisation.

Archie,

Thanks. VISO lens and image stabilization in camera. Sounds intriguing!

How well does the OM-D work with your VISO lens in that mode?

I already got the Olympus VF-2 when it was on sale for a little above $160.

Isn't the VF-2 supposed to work on the Leica M-240?

Also, one can get the E-P2 right now for $209.

I think it has in camera image stabilization as well.

Throw in the adapter for $72 or so.

Then this entire setup is still less expensive than the Leica EVF for the M-240 by itself.

• Like 1

K-H,

The image stabilisation works surprisingly well with both a 280 Telyt V (using a Novoflex bellows in place of a Visoflex) or the M converted 80-200 Vario Elmar on my EP-2.

Wilson

• Like 1

JC,

Having spent quite a lot of money in the middle of last year buying a minty S3 280, that is the lens I want to use. I will sell my S2 + OUBIO with a Muscelli adapter attached, as and when they arrive.

Wilson

Wilson

With the S3 you can min.focus at 3.50m the S2 is 6.00m

K-H,

The OM-D works remarkably well. It has quite an advanced sensor with good high ISO abilities and its image stabilisation is apparently better than earlier Olympus models which were regarded as having good IS anyway. Of course you have to input the FL manually so that the camera knows which lens it is dealing with. I have not tried any really long Viso lenses as yet but a 135mm gives a useful 270mm equivalent with good results. I see that Wilson has been using a Telyt 280mm successfully on an EP-2 so your proposed setup sounds good.

I understand that the OM-D uses the same VF technology in its inbuilt viewfinder as is found in the VF-2. I find it very good as it can be set up to offer a magnified, stabilised image which makes focusing easy. It has been reported that the Leica VF for the new M is a re-badged Olympus with the usual Leica premium attached to the price tag.

Kind regards,

• Like 1

Wilson

With the S3 you can min.focus at 3.50m the S2 is 6.00m

JC,

I had noticed that but I am not really sure how useful that is, given that it is not a lens that I tend to use at closer distances. What I do notice is the added contrast on the S3. It is also supposed to be sharper than the S2 but it is not really noticeable - maybe a bit at the corners. What I do notice is that it seems to handle better and is better balanced.

Wilson