Lowest serial Number on M8

satijntje

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Just for fun

Who has the lowest serial number on his M8.

I want to make a start with 3111004 (purchased by the previous owner on 11 August 2007).

Interesting to know also number of shots and if (and how often) the camera has been returned for repair.

When I have enough data, I will try to apply some statistics on this (this is my normal job at Eurostat).

So please report your serial here!

Thanks

John

Just for fun

Who has the lowest serial number on his M8.

I want to make a start with 3111004 (purchased by the previous owner on 11 August 2007).

Interesting to know also number of shots and if (and how often) the camera has been returned for repair.

When I have enough data, I will try to apply some statistics on this (this is my normal job at Eurostat).

So please report your serial here!

Thanks

John

Sounds good, but I doubt you'll have a bunch of data of statistical significance... :o... anyway, my M8 3.196.109 - May 2007 - is in the range of 8600 actuations and was never serviced (apart sensor cleaning...;))

• Like 1

My M 8 has the serial number 3100744.

It has been bought 28 th. November 2006 from Photo Altkofer in Bayreuth/Germany.

It was revised by Leica like all early m 8 bodys.

I had to repair it after I had thrown it on the floor with a flashlight mounted; the acessory shoe had to be replaced.

Yours sincerely

Thomas

• Like 1

My M8 has serial 3109729 and was purchased in May 2007.

I had my camera upgraded to the silent shutter because the vibration of the original one was irritating me.

At that time the sensor was adjusted as well resulting in a major improvement of my capabilities to focus my Elmar 135mm.

Maarten

• Like 1

3109783, no idea what its been up to as I bought it second hand. I do like it though. How do you find out actuations?

There are 2 possibilities:

1) Directly on your M8:

Turn the camera on.

Press the right arrow key 4 times.

Press the left arrow key 3 times.

Press the right arrow key 1 more time.

Press the info button.

Scroll down to body debug data.

Press Set.

Scroll down to NUMEXPOSURES.

Turn camera off to exit

2) Use a small program on your pc with a DNG file that you can find on home

Simply drag and drop the dng pic into the window from that little program, and it will give you the number of actuations

John

• Like 7

Mine is: 3101061

with just 8246 actuations... grabbed in 2010 second hand. Leica mentioned it was 2006 when they replaced the LCD.

satijntje: thanks for that info- I didn't know you could access that information straight out of the camera.

Does the same sequence work an an M9?

• Like 1

Recently bought a used M8. Serial number is 3100986 so I'm guessing its been around for awhile now! Shutter Count is: 13,527

Doesn't look like it has had any of the updates on it either (still has 1/8000 shutter) haha. Takes great pictures though :)