Having fun with the Visoflex and M8

Guest guy_mancuso

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hank,

If you can, use the small Gretag white balance card, or the mini colorchecker for white balance. They have special colorants which make them suitable.

Edmund

I'll have the mini and 2 full size color checkers in the shot at different places along with 2 WhiBal gray cards and one or two Kodak grey scales. Black fabrics, flowers for strong primaries, an assortment of close to grey colors, some pastels and skin tone.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guy,

I just spoke to Paramont Cords. He said it was possible to fabricate a piece from the components they use to mold their parts. A metal tab could extend out from the hot shoe and below they could make a secure connection to a cord leading to a Micro sync connector (the plastic thick part would be below the extended tab). It just would be to expensive to do one or two hand-fabricated pieces.

Guest guy_mancuso

Going to try the 50 lux today since i think that has a floating element and the 75 lux for kicks. This is fun guys and a lot cheaper than buying the 90 macro kit. I don't need it often and if i did than the 90 maco kit would be great but for everyday stuff this is working pretty dran good

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Guy, the 50 Lux Asph works great directly on the Visoflex III. At f/11 it has reasonable depth of field and gives results like this. This was taken at f/16, and a slight loss of sharpness due to diffraction is visible when compared to f/11. The working distance is fairly close though. I think the 90 Macro may be the comfortable bet here, but maybe in fact the 65/3.5 makes more sense, since it is probably cheaper and better for this purpose.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

My tax return came in today, so, new toys: an older gen 75 Summilux and a Visoflex Telyt 280/4.8! I went looking through my Leica Pocket Guide the other day to see what older Visoflex telephoto lenses were the best quality, and this one was at the top of the MTF charts. I dropped by my store to pick up my reserved 75 Lux and mentioned the 280/4.8, and as usual, they said: "funny you should say that; we just got the latest version of it in today, in perfect condition" :) This happened with the Visoflex too. Here are some shots of both lenses with the M6, The 280 on the Visoflex III on the M6, and three shots of the building opposite from my apartment: 75 Lux, 280 wide open, 280 at f/11. Not bad!

I shot the 50/1,4 preASPH and the 65/3,5 to see how the 65 compared. At f16 at this range not much between the 2. The 50 is NOT mounted on the Viso just shot normally but this is close to its closest focusing limit. The 65 reminds me of the 60 Macro Elmarit R my favorite lens when I had an R6.

The Visoflex III has an M-mount on both sides, and when you put a regular M lens on it, you get a short range of very close focus distances, and magnification, yes. With the 50 Lux Asph, for example, I get about 1:1. The bellows is preferable in that you get a much larger range of focusing.

Guest guy_mancuso

The 75 lux works nice also.

Guest guy_mancuso

Like 2 inches or so. I think a good lens to get maybe a 135mm. All the more reason to buy that 135 3.4 Telyt I have had my eye on for months. Just what i need another reason to buy more glass