Having fun with the Visoflex and M8

Guest guy_mancuso

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

In 1987 when I was in Sudan and some fighting had broken out in Khartoum , I used the 280/4.8/viso on an M6. Perhaps it was due to the harsh sunlight but I was very disappointed in the quality of the pictures (no longer have them). The images were soft and suffered from the sun rays in such a way that the pictures weren't usable. Perhaps since then there is a better version of this lens..

regards,

Etienne

Hello Etienne,

there are 3 versions on the Telyt 4,8/280mm, the last is the best and the second is quite fine, when you change the focusing mount to a "Televit" or "focorapid"..in gets more contrast because the "intern reflexions" are less..;)

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

regards,

Jan

Another T-shirt?

... and yes, that's an original Leitz Tiltall. I bought it new about the time my wife was entering Kindergarden : -) It's been all over the world with me. Not like the pig-iron ones made later.

See Guy, you're a "short-timer maniac", some of us have doing this for a lifetime.

Guest guy_mancuso
Heck, smooth out those lines a bit, and engineer a R mount for it and there you have it ... the R-10 : -)

BTW, using the Viso makes me really irritated that there isn't a sync port on this camera. Grrrrrr : - (

ROTFLMAO. yes i am upset about the PC outlet not being on the M8 . Really need it with this setup .I just ordered the 5x vertical just for the flash setup wth my microsync. Start looking in your closet for one. Back corner left side under the speed graphic. LOL

My Bellows II arrived today, and unlike the Bellow I has M-mounts fore and aft. Attached it to the Visoflex III and I was in business straight away with a Summicron 90. That's some impressive magnification!

Chris

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Marc, shouldn't that read "who says you can't teach a new dog old tricks"? :)

Here is a picture from today with the Visoflex III with 280/4.8. The first is wide open, the second at f/8, I think, and the third is a 100% crop.

I ordered earlier today from Tamarkin a visoflex III and bellows II, which came with various adapters. They had a couple of 65 elmar but they just sold them. I had not read this thread today, but now understand where they went :)! As Chris said, the bellows II has bayonnet mount, so i will be able to play with it even thought I don't have the elmar yet... Anybody has any lead on the 65 elmar?

Chris, can you share some shots with the visoflex/bellows/90 'cron? Must be quite a set-up!

Guest guy_mancuso

We are sucking up the world supply of Visoflex. i give it another week and were all going to each of our Grandpa's house and raid the attic.

I ordered earlier today from Tamarkin a visoflex III and bellows II, which came with various adapters. They had a couple of 65 elmar but they just sold them. I had not read this thread today, but now understand where they went :)! As Chris said, the bellows II has bayonnet mount, so i will be able to play with it even thought I don't have the elmar yet... Anybody has any lead on the 65 elmar?

Chris, can you share some shots with the visoflex/bellows/90 'cron? Must be quite a set-up!

Photo-Arsenal had a black one on eBay mint with adapter. It didn't sell. Price was $700 and change which is pretty much the norm, you could check if they still have it.

Guy, I inherited a Yashica LM from one grand-father and a Sem Kim from the other. Actually the the Yashica is one of my favorite camera. On the other hand I am still trying to figure out how to load the film in the Sem. At least I think it does take film... no visoflex or elmar 65 unfortunately... I already checked.

Anyone has tried the hektor 125 with the visoflex and/or bellows? Does anyone knows if it has the same macro capabilities as the 65?

Guest guy_mancuso

Boris is a good guy and bought many things from him but watch his prices they tend to be on the high side.

Okay now i want to change the screen , need to research that one out

Hello Etienne,

there are 3 versions on the Telyt 4,8/280mm, the last is the best and the second is quite fine, when you change the focusing mount to a "Televit" or "focorapid"..in gets more contrast because the "intern reflexions" are less..;)

[ATTACH]29886[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]29887[/ATTACH]

regards,

Jan

Great stop-action shot!

Not much action here but it was cold!

Done with 180 Elmarit -V a week or so ago.

Tom

How much can I expect to pay for a Visoflex?

Will it work on Epson R-D1?

I recall seeing an article in a photo magazine a few decades ago where someone adapted one to a Leica CL.

You might try a Viso I, which was available in M mount too. You would be more limited in the lens selection and would have to solve the double cable release issue.

Tom

Yeah, the focusing screen is the weakness here. I thought of seeing if I could get it off somehow, and send it to Maxwell. Alternatively, perhaps some handy mechanic could adapt something better. Has anyone done any fiddling with the focusing screen?

This is pepper with M8, Photar and Reprovit

Bernd

Hi all,

If I am no doubt about macro approach, do you think M8+VisoflexIII(with vertical viewinder to be able to use it with my Pocket Wizard sync)+65 lens (x1,33=85mm) is a good way to go as a portrait tool (in studio) ? I like the rendering (colors & sharpness) of what I see here. Thanks for your advices.

I just picked up a Bellows II and a pile of adapters, some of which I might sell to recoup some of the cost. The price was €101, which is higher than recent sales. The prices seem to be on the up.

I am looking forward to getting up close with this and my Visoflex III. I am wondering if I ought to pick up a dedicated macro lens, but for now I will try with my stock lenses.