Leica Monochrom type 1 shots (Post them here)

esquire53

here are two from a children's theater production - 'aschenpuddel / cinderella' at iso 1250, 75 summilux. the cast shot is pretty much full frame at 1/500. the second shot is cropped, at 1/16.

don't ask why i didn't try a higher iso rating for the mother & daughter shot - i forgot i could

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Here's my MM contribution to the thread. Despite the debris from the accident, all passengers are unharmed.

I had to compose, focus and shoot in a window of a few seconds. Luckily someone else was driving, otherwise, I'd have missed the shot.

Leica M Monochrom with Apo Summicron 75mm/2

Dierk,

This should be in the pepole forum to be discussed as a portrait of distinct taste as opposed to the 'monochrom shots' forum IMO. Very impressive indeed.

Frank

That's the second request. Here is the third:

I see no setting nor have I read of any hack that allows for double exposure "in camera" as you have posted.

Please, prey tell?

Since Tony is not answering, I speculate it could be result of image editing software such as Photoshop? But if so, why he said it is a feature in the MM camera?

To all that have asked about dOuble eXposures in Camera...

Yes they are possible on MM, M9 & M8 with NO phOtOshOp or post manipulation.

This is a phOtO thread so I wont go into a long explanation of how I do it here.

Think about it...

A clue= on Leica digitals they have a B setting and a T setting, most do not know how to get to the T setting but it is the key to doubles.

This is a phOtO thread so I wont go into a long explanation of how I do it here.

Think about it...

A clue= on Leica digitals they have a B setting and a T setting, most do not know how to get to the T setting but it is the key to doubles.

Tony,

You are going to make me lose more precious neurons and hair!

Think about it...

I use the T setting, since I got the M9 (and wrote about it somewhere in a forum).

As the M9/MM stops at 30 sec. you need this function for very long exposures at night and/or with ND filter.

If it is of interest here: set the shutter on B and use the self timer. First shutter release opens the shutter after 2 seconds and stays open, till you hit the shutter release the second time. If there are lights in the picture, I cover the lens with my hands to avoid any vibrations for the shutter releases. Makes sense with a tripod normally

For double exposure I prefer post with PS, I get the result, that I have in mind. But your results are very interesting, Tony, and they fit surprisingly good.

thanks for the explanations, I got from you, Tony.

Edited by dierk

Think about it...

Hope I wasn't a buzz kill. Your creative and I enjoy your postings. Although, I don't like your capitalization of X and O, but I get it.