atufte

Leica Monochrom type 1 shots (Post them here)

8 hours ago, pico said:

It's a straight line from a real life encounter.

HE: You look like my second wife.
SHE: How many times have you been married?
HE: Once.

I'll have to remember that if I ever find myself back in the dating game.

Clydebank, Scotland. M Monochrom mk1, 28mm Summicron ASPH mk1

Shot this picture this afternoon. Clydebank was virtually obliterated by the Luftwaffe in the second world war because so many of the shipyards were there. A lot of the post-war buildings which went up in the bomb craters were uninspired, to say the least. The residents of these tower blocks have been relocated elsewhere. The buildings lie empty, waiting to be demolished.

On 8/19/2018 at 6:57 PM, Tellerrand said:

lodalen, norway, mm/rigid cron

Older post, but nonetheless outstanding. Very Alfred Stieglitz kind of quality. Nicely done!

14 hours ago, lambda said:

(mono1+nokton50/1.5)

Love the  pics showing creative lighting and the Monochrom. Excellent lighting, tonality. Beautifully done. Inspiring too.

Edited by Jdphoto
want to include more adjectives

Am 2.2.2019 um 02:37 schrieb Jdphoto:

Love the  pics showing creative lighting and the Monochrom. Excellent lighting, tonality. Beautifully done. Inspiring too.

Am 2.2.2019 um 23:07 schrieb Likaleica:

Nice departure from your usual signature style, Lambda.  Very nice.

thx  a lot  🙂

Sophea Chamroeun, singer and classical Khmer dancer, in the Phnom Penh slum building where she grew up

Edited by hemlock

Here's a few images from the Monochrom. Nothing fancy, just wanting to shoot some b/w. I'm trying to decide between this Monochrom or shoot my M2 and RZ Pro II for black and white. I do like the files and convenience of the Monochrom, but film just feels more natural and organic with more character. I like the film workflow too. Both were shot using the outstanding 28mm Elmarit. The tree panorama image when viewed at 100% ( which equates to approximately 12x40 inches),  is incredibly sharp with fine details in the branches! This is a great lens with lots of character. I think I'll try shooting these same scenes with the above mentioned film cameras and make a determination, but many have told me that i'll regret selling the Monochrom. I hate regrets, unless I learned from it.

Edited by Jdphoto

On 2/9/2019 at 4:49 PM, Jdphoto said:

Here's a few images from the Monochrom. Nothing fancy, just wanting to shoot some b/w. I'm trying to decide between this Monochrom or shoot my M2 and RZ Pro II for black and white. I do like the files and convenience of the Monochrom, but film just feels more natural and organic with more character. I like the film workflow too. Both were shot using the outstanding 28mm Elmarit. The tree panorama image when viewed at 100% ( which equates to approximately 12x40 inches),  is incredibly sharp with fine details in the branches! This is a great lens with lots of character. I think I'll try shooting these same scenes with the above mentioned film cameras and make a determination, but many have told me that i'll regret selling the Monochrom. I hate regrets, unless I learned from it.

My original post uploaded twice. I must have hit thr wrong key.  Moderators, if you could remove one of the duplicates, I'd appreciate it. Thank you.

Another with the 50mm Pre Lux and 28mm Elmarit.

Edited by Jdphoto