Why you are buying m8 which will be out of fashion in few years

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Yes, I know, it's not part of the EU,

i know you know, but the question is: does mustafa the great know? and, btw, being from austria, i can boast i am from the only country that vetoed the negotiations for full membership last year.

fwiw, i sign the list of those who want to see pictures taken by the inventor of the screw (mount).

servus,

günter

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest sirvine

Both Micro Seiki and Mark Levinson went out of business because nobody except a select few obsessive egoists really need to spend tens of thousands of dollars to reproduce music in their living rooms. Maybe the news hasn't reached Turkey yet. Music players are a crap analogy anyway, since the quality of the original recording is the real limiting factor in most cases. You don't have this problem in photography.

So what if the M8 is partly a concession to mass markets? You can still buy the other M film bodies to reassure yourself that you are a purist Leicaphile. I can only imagine what idiotic thoughts you have on the Leicasonic line. And, yes, feel free to wait until Leica (once again) takes your advice in designing the M9. You might be waiting for a while, but it will be worth it. Meanwhile, you can stay on the bleeding edge of fashion by shooting film only.

Why do you buy new clothes or a new car. They will be out of fashion in a few years too :)

oh right, now you tell me

and all these photographers keep turning my magenta suit black

Both Micro Seiki and Mark Levinson went out of business because nobody except a select few obsessive egoists really need to spend tens of thousands of dollars to reproduce music in their living rooms.

well, as far as i know levinson is still in businness and ok, call me then an "obsessive egoist" ;) seems like you have the same problems as that turkish guy, just on a different field.

oh and yes, i also own some other toys which go far beyond the "tens of thousands", so just go ahed. :D i wont ever understand what the problem is for people who write stuff like that?

btw, did i ask you to pay for my levinson stuff or my m8? :rolleyes: if i ever have to do so, then complain.

I've been following this thread for a couple of hours now (at times with shock and horror)... Is this type of behaviour really necessary. Does one really have to listen to so much tripe on a forum that is supposed to be there for people to express there joy of using fine optical equipment to create art? It's actually amazing that the moderators have been missing this thread for the last 12+ hours.

Andreas

Mark Levinson has left Mark Levinson long time ago. :)

Red Rose Management Team

sure he did, but the brand is still there and also the stuff which was developed with/by him ;) and i'm keeping it. oh, btw. he left other companies as well before :)

the point for my reply was that sirvine said that "...levinson went out of businnes" and thats simply not true

Guest sirvine
well, as far as i know levinson is still in businness and ok, call me then an "obsessive egoist" ;) seems like you have the same problems as that turkish guy, just on a different field.

MLAS went bankrupt forever ago, but the name lives on. I assumed that the troll was referring to the classic MLAS gear.

Anyway, you may very well be an obsessive egoist, and more power to you! I still think there aren't enough of you to float a business venture. In all seriousness, and since I really didn't mean to offend you and other audiophiles, I understand that there are good reasons to obsess on audio gear. Mainly, I was pointing out what a poor analogy it is.

I'm sure you'd be horrified to learn that I ditched my NAD gear and floor-standing speakers for a Yamaha YSP-1100!! Shock horror! That tells you where I stand on audio.

This, my friends is entertainment at its best. The clash between the lucid giants mistyformusty and the water sprite is worth the price of admission. If we could get shockablaskoo to referee the fray (in a jesture's costume?) we could set up a cage match of the absurd. ;)

Kurt

This, my friends is entertainment at its best. The clash between the lucid giants mistyformusty and the water sprite is worth the price of admission. If we could get shockablaskoo to referee the fray (in a jesture's costume?) we could set up a cage match of the absurd. ;)

Kurt

He can't referee - he is one of the combatants... The White Hats too!:eek: