Adox Silvermax

Steve Ash

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Thanks for the tip. I see that only a water stop bath is recommended, which is not in my normal workflow.

I will try to run a roll or two through the camera over there weekend.

The warning only applies to their CHS line of films, made by Fotokemika, now sadly defunct. Silvermax should be a modern film as it belongs to their 'Premium line': - ADOX Films -

• Like 1

The warning only applies to their CHS line of films, made by Fotokemika, now sadly defunct. Silvermax should be a modern film as it belongs to their 'Premium line': - ADOX Films -

Right, an acidic stop bath is recommended.

My rolls are on the way. I'm curious to test.

If this film is half as good as CMS20, it can be a candidate to be my favorite 100 ISO.

Franco

I tested a Silvermax film. It's exactly the same as Agfa Scala 200. Perfectly for reverse processing and in a dedicated developer you can have good negatives at iso 100.

So not a new film but a rest stock from Agfa Gevaert, produced in 2004/2006. Of course clear layer and in spectrum exactly 1:1 to APX-100.

I know enough about the marketing talks. :)

Very unlikely they are spooling an Agfa stock.

They stated to have a small film production facility purchased from Agfa.

If they have, they a supposed to manufacture their film.

Being German and using Agfa tools, I would be surprised if the film had a Kodak look.

It's normal that the film has an Agfa look with some SPUR's magic :)

I think that the point is: if the film + developer works, I'happy with it.

Whatever the technology they used.

I would point out that what Fotohuis wrote would not be a marketing strategy.

It would be a crime in EU.

Adox, for my direct experience, is a reliable company struggling to run a small business making very good films and fine chemicals.

Dear Fotohuis, if you are 100% sure of what you wrote, ok.

If it's a conjecture, maybe you are damaging their reputation for something you are not sure of.

Regards

Franco

• Like 1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Frozen iso 100-200 35mm film will do perfectly after 6-8 years. So this is not any problem at all. And in reverse processing Agfa Scala 200 is one of the best films ever made.

When using a dedicated developer (of course made by SPUR) you can have good results with this film. So there is no reason why not use this film.

But do not tell me suddenly there is a new film, Silver rich, but only available in 35mm. I have enough contacts at Agfa Gevaert what is going on here.

It's a good timing to fill a gap in the market after the demise of Efke / Fotokemika. At least the loss of Adox CHS art 100 in 35mm can be replaced in this way. And in the mean time you can find a solution for a new iso 25-100 and 400 film in all formats.

In iso 25 there are two possibilities:

A renew NP15 film from OrWo Filmotec like Rollei-Maco did with the Rollei PAN 25 (version1) in 2006. I had some contacts with Foma on the Photokina too. They could launch a Fomapan 25 film. Technically possible but the question is how big is this iso 25 market now?

I don't know but the evidence will be there when I shoot and develop some.

I fail to understand when someone would freeze vast stocks of old film when in fact it's being made by the lorry load elsewhere. If they saved it to be the last film available anywhere then I could understand it.

• Like 1

But do not tell me suddenly there is a new film, Silver rich, but only available in 35mm. I have enough contacts at Agfa Gevaert what is going on here.

Then I'm sure you will be ideal as an expert witness for the prosecution when Agfa are taken to the European Court for mis-representation alongside ADOX.

Steve

I ordered from Fotoimpex after Fotokina and 15 rolls an a bottle of developer arrived today. They has it listed as not in stock, but shipped four days later so completely sold out it can't have been. Looking forward to trying it, what ever it may be in both speciality soup and HC110.

Carl

• Like 2