Leica Summarit 50mm f2,5 vs.Zeiss 50mm ZM f2

Giacomo.B

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hello guys I am writing because I want to ask you a question, I own a Leica 50mm Summarit f2,5, with which I am very well and I am very happy, but today i have seen in a Camera Store a Zeiss 50mm f2 ZM Silver, that in addition to being "F2" the silver type would be perfect with my M9-P Silver.

Compared to Leica the performance of the Zeiss are much lower? Would you change?:confused:

Ciao

Giacomo

I have the Planar, and a 50 Summicron (older model), but no Summarit. The Planar seems a touch softer than the Summicron at f2.0, but possibly sharper stopped down a bit. The Planar does seem to have more contrast, and I suspect the Summarit does also. Performance of all are very good.

I use the Planar a lot, am and very pleased with it, especially considering the price.

The planar will have more resolution and overall contrast, but I would still take the more expensive Summarit everytime because of the overall size, the filter size, and build quality to go with better warranty repair standards...that's just me though; someone who cares about how the camera feels and uses filters quite often.

I love my ZM 21/4.5, but haven't really enjoyed my experience with either of the Zeiss 50s

Hello guys I am writing because I want to ask you a question, I own a Leica 50mm Summarit f2,5, with which I am very well and I am very happy, but today i have seen in a Camera Store a Zeiss 50mm f2 ZM Silver, that in addition to being "F2" the silver type would be perfect with my M9-P Silver.

Compared to Leica the performance of the Zeiss are much lower? Would you change?:confused:

Ciao

Giacomo

Have a look at www.photozone.de/sony_nex and you will find tests of the Leica 50 mm Summarit f2.5 and Zeiss 50 mm f2 ZM albeit for a cropped 1.5 sensor. They produce similar sharpness results and I think the bokeh on the Summarit is a little better.