Welcome

jaapv

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hello from Finland,

I just acquired mint M8 with less than 6000 actuations. It’s my first LEICA. I’m planning to get away with only one lens: Voigtländer 35mm F1.4 Nokton. Let’s see how it goes ;).

I also shoot with Nikon Df with just one lens actively, Voigtländer 58mm F1.4 Nokton. Other being legacy manual Nikkors.

For auto-focus purposes, fast snaps, I use Olympus OM-D E-M5.2 with multiple lenses which I share with my wife, who shoots with Pen E-P5. We have PL DG 25mm F1.4 Summilux, m.Zuikos: 17, 45, 75, 12-40 and adapters with bunch of legacy lenses. 

I’ve struggled with my temptation for different cameras but think that I’m settled now for these I’ve got. Recently I gave away to my son my Fuji X-T1 with CZ 1.8/32 Touit and am selling X100S. I’m also selling my Sony DSC RX-100M4 :D

Now waiting my UV/IR cut filter, B+W one, to show up. Then I can start the learning path with new to me Leica M8.

Cheers!

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

iPhone X snap

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Best say hello 

Have  come from Olympus m4/3 system

Wanted something different, more involving and dare I say it, more 'organic' feeling 

Found it!

Incidentally, how many members have Valve/Vinyl based hifi systems like me?

• 4 weeks later...

Hello everyone from ''Ile de France'' (Yvelines).
New on this forum. Cannon user for several decades, I'm tired of wearing my backpack too heavy for my age. I'm selling all my gear to go to Leica. I ordered a Q2. 720 grams, a dream. No more lens change in the dust, another dream.
I hope I made the right choice. Another way to take pictures.
Now more than wait for the Q2, delay unknown ???
See you soon on Q2 forum topic.
Daniel.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everybody.

Im Jacob, a dutch/indonesian living inJakarta indonesia.  Until recently i used canon 5d and fuji X.   Last week i got the m10p with a 35 and a 50 summilux plus a 90 summicron pre asph and i love it. Icannget rid of the heavy gear, since i can feel it getting older.

I hope to learn a lot from you guys.

Thanks and greetings Jacob...

• 1 month later...

Hello to all forum members  😊

This is my first post. 
I am from Singapore and photo taking is my hobby since I was a boy.  Recently I bought a used Leica T + 23mm and I thought this could be a good starting point as a new Leica user. Meanwhile I am waiting for delivery on some L-mount adapters in order to try out manual focusing with my F-mount and X-mount lens.

Currently I process the Raw with C1. My next move is to improve the color reproduction with custom icc profiles and to share them with our forum members.

My very best regards,
jc

Advertisement (gone after registration)

On 3/10/2019 at 8:48 PM, huwm said:

Best say hello 

Have  come from Olympus m4/3 system

Wanted something different, more involving and dare I say it, more 'organic' feeling 

Found it!

Incidentally, how many members have Valve/Vinyl based hifi systems like me?

Plenty ;)  

Greetings earthlings, 

My name is Ritzen, I live in het Netherlands. I’m a photography enthusiast but not (yet) part of the Leica family. 

I’m seriously considering buying my first Leica (Q2) and found this great forum during my search for information.

Hopefully I can share my own proud Leica pictures soon. 

Cheerio!

Hi - This is a first for me, both owning a Leica Q2 and posting to this forum. I received my Q2 in April 2019, just prior to my wife and I taking a trip to Japan. Travelling is getting harder for both of us now as I am legally blind with less than 1% of sight only in the right eye. I scan the EVF (starting top left)  to get an idea of what I am taking and noting the camera settings etc. My decision to get the Q2 was greatly enhanced by the fact that a] it was a Leica, b) it has a fantastic f1.7 28mm lens, c)that it has no input sockets (no extra cables for me to worry about), no lens changes, few buttons to find on camera, easy to use, comfortable in the hand and also has a screen that I can at time see. The Q2 helps me to see!

I took some images(400) in Japan and on returning home was able to see what I took 😀and will post some to the forum shortly. I would like to think that I can contribute to the Leica community.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

HI.  I grew up in the days of manual SLRs - no autofocus; no Program mode, and I miss the simple, immersive experience that one got with just an aperture ring, a shutter speed dial and a manual focus lens, supported by the simplest of exposure indication and a proper optical focusing aid like a split-prism viewfinder.  I still want a high resolution digital camera, but one that gives me this kind of experience and interaction, and am drawn to Leica as it seems to me to be the nearest approximation to this manual experience that I yearn for.  Have I come to the right conclusion??  Are there other options?  - it's been suggested that I try modern mirrorless cameras with EVFs but they have felt horrible to me and the lenses seem enormous.

For background, I'm an amateur, love taking portrait, landscape and macro images for my own enjoyment...

• Like 2

Greetings from Russia!

I will soon join the family, currently waiting in line for the Q2

I’m coming from the Sony A7R/A7RII and a full line-up of Zeiss Loxia lenses, partly because I used to shoot some film and as a consequence strongly prefer manual controls over auto-anything. Recently got rid of all my Sony/Zeiss equipment, since I realised that my best work was done with the 35mm and some of it with 21mm, so 28mm would be perfect for me, especially since I love to work with my feet rather than rely on lenses. I also used the Sony RX1R extensively, and loved it. I mainly did architecture work, but recently noticed that I shoot a lot of street and urban environments (and shoot it well, despite being quite new to it).

So, after numerous photos and quite a number of exhibitions (for which I’m grateful and lucky to be a part of) I’m switching to Leica. I’m really looking forward to getting the Q2, as I’m sure it will be quite liberating and remind me why I love photography as an art form rather than just a medium. I’m going back to basics. With a not-so-basic camera, which is still strongly rooted in simplicity.

Have a great day, everyone! And hello!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

greetings from London:)

I just starting with Leica and looking for my first one.

Monochrome typ 246 is the one which Im looking for so if you have one just give me a shout..

Im coming from Canon world so Leica one is new for me and Im lokking forward to discover it:)

Cheers to all :)

• 2 months later...

Hello all,

Coming from Dad’s gifted Balda Super Baldina rangefinder in last century’s sixties, all the way from Nikon film and digital with sidesteps in APS-C and m4/3, I needed to take Leica away from my “bucket list”. After so many years aiming for clinical sharpness and autofocus, Leica is a “cool down, man” strike on these fast, sharp, cold times! Just to improve the experience, I went for the “kodachromish” M9 with a brand new CCD and a Leica 50/2... So expensive, but for an amateur like me, a calmer and warmer world to re-explore...

Cheers from Rio,

Edric

Edited by EdricBF

• 1 month later...

Hello everybody,

I have been posting here for a while, but have not introduced myself.

I live in Luxembourg, where there are two good Leica retailers.

I started photography with a Canon AE-1 film SLR. I moved to Nikon SLRs when Canon went to autofocus and subsequently had a couple of Nikon DSLRs.

My rangefinder experience started with a Zeiss Ikon (lovely camera) and then a Leica M9 (which I did not like at all).

My Leica Q is now with my daughter, who is a much better photographer than I am.

I currently have a Leica CL with the 23 mm and an extensive Fuji XT-1 kit. I am currently considering the purchase of a second lens for the CL; probably a prime - I am not so keen on zooms. Whether or not I keep the XT-1 is not yet decided.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello to all.

I was a member of the forum for several years a while back, but times changed and I ventured off, turned things around, made my fortune and a name for myself, as you do. ☺ 

Used to use Leica exclusively, tested and reviewed them for a while even, wrote a blog about street photography, but then turned to moving pictures (now my living).

Now looking to get back into still photography as a hobby and maybe to do with work, and looking to do it with a Leica - M or SL but not decided yet.

Maybe all you knowledgeable folk here on the forum, will help to point me in the right direction? 

Cheers, 

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Everybody,

I am a brand new Leica owner having just received my Q2 today!   I formerly was a Nikon user and switched to the Sony mirrorless system about 3 years ago.  I now have a Sony a7R4 and an a9 with an extensive complement of lenses (I was/sort of still am a nature photographer) but have recently (~2 years) been shooting street and loving the challenge.  My back was making shooting wildlife pretty difficult and so that's the primary reason I switched to street.  Although I can use my a7R4 with a 35 and 55mm lens for street, I was wanting to go even lighter and reading & following many street shooters, it is hard to ignore the many that shoot Leica.  So here I am with a third camera and very excited to be here!   I have learned a lot from reading the forums today and can tell that I've found the right place for all things Leica!

Rona

Hello everyone. 

New Leica camera user here - having been a user of Leica binoculars for many years as a falconer. 

I previously had a Canon DSLR and various wonderful but large lenses. Smallest and best was a 35mm 1.4L. I loved that.

Then a Fuji X100. Superb camera that I actually took places - but started to feel a bit fussy.

This year I bought a digital CL. Lovely camera - but I had to try M lenses on the adapter.

Fatal. Just loved the process and feel of manual focus (after years of being that occasional full auto shooter). So, I switched CL for an M10-D, glorious simplicity and a learning curve.

Really enjoying learning to master it - with an old 35mm Summilux F/1.4 attached and a 90mm Tele-Elmarit in the (very small) bag.

I’ve learned a lot from all the expertise in this forum. Looking forward to participating.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello.  I consider myself a new Leica owner although I am now on my second camera.  I've been a Nikon user for decades (hobby only, I love taking pictures but am not that knowledgeable).   The DSLRs are wonderful to use at home or if I'm driving around but they are just too much to lug around if I'm on foot.  My first Leica was the D-Lux type 109 which was purchased as a compact travel camera before a trip to Europe a couple years ago.  I loved that camera but it made me want something better (I think I'll let my teenager use it).  I wasn't' sure if I wanted to go with a rangefinder since I wear glasses and have gotten so used to auto-focus over the years.  I discovered the CL and after reading a lot of online reviews made the order.  I got it with the 18-56mm Vario lens.  The purchase was right before a trip to Australia over Christmas, so I took a brand new camera that I barely knew how to use.  Perfect travel camera, easy to use, and great pictures.  I'm planning to add a prime lens or two (23mm just arrived but have firmware issues) but will keep this system light since I have a very full Nikon DSLR kit. 

For some reason, I still want a rangefinder.  Am I crazy?  I know it's not a small investment by any means but I like playing with toys.