Welcome

jaapv

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I also am a long time reader of the forum and I've learned a lot from it. I've been an enthusiastic amateur film photographer for almost a half century. I used to be an enthusiastic collector of gear as well, but I sold most of it about ten years ago and purchased an M6 and two lenses. I've now gone to an MP and the same two lenses. So, I'm still in film for all my serious work. All B&W. 

I live in the US in NW Connecticut. 

Peter

I also am a long time reader of the forum and I've learned a lot from it. I've been an enthusiastic amateur film photographer for almost a half century. I used to be an enthusiastic collector of gear as well, but I sold most of it about ten years ago and purchased an M6 and two lenses. I've now gone to an MP and the same two lenses. So, I'm still in film for all my serious work. All B&W. 

I live in the US in NW Connecticut. 

Peter

Hi & Welcome........(from a crusty & musty codger "(^_^)'

• 1 month later...

Hi all,

I am an ancient member of this forum but left the world of Leica for almost ten years.

Am back now since I got rid of all my Hasselblads and Rolleiflexs.

I now have a Leica M3 (just back from cla) with a Summicron V4.

All I need now is a +1.5 or +2 diopter (if someone has one for sale)

Btw. I'm german living in France since many years.

Cheers,

Rainer

• 3 weeks later...

Good evening and happy new year for every one.

My name is Florence and I live in Provence (South of France)

I began photography 2 years ago with a M8 (I sold it, at rebuy it one year later), then a M3, a MM and lots of Leica screwmount cameras (a real pleasure to use all of them in fact, to be honest, they are my favorite). Doc Henry told me about this forum, so I came here. I also have several brands in all formats. I came here to share with you pictures and technical advices. I also presented myself in the German section of this forum, as German was my first foreign language at school a looooooooong time ago (but well... to be honest, I think I have quite forgotten everything)

Well, have a nice evening. Hope to share with you soon. but before, I will just surf on different parts of this forum and try to avoid mistakes

Take care

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everybody,

I am Fausto from Italy. I'm into photography since the early '80. I shoot only film (35mm,MF). Hopefully 

in the future i may get a Leica...

I love shooting both colour and BW. I do print BW myself with a old Agfa Varioscop enlarger.

Here is my style:

Ciao

Hello from Sydney, Australia.

My name is Geoff Heaton and I was beguiled by an M8 some 5 years ago which I was lent by my photo store, and then I was completely hooked.

I was a passionate Olympus user for 20 years, and moved to my first rangefinder , a Hasselblad XPAN II, which is a very fine film camera.

I bought an M9 with a 35 mm F2 which is a great combination. I managed to pick up second hand an 18 mm and a 75mm. I now have a Noctilux, a Mononchom, a Type 240 and an X2.

I do hope I can find some interesting posts in this forum and I will try and make a contribution myself

Thanks

Geoff 

Hi All,

I'm new to the Leica World. Recently, I acquired a used X1, and was instantly smitten. The quality of photos this little gem puts out is stunning, especially black and white. Long story short, it revealed some sensor dust so back it went. Now planning to replace it with a X2. I hope to learn from the experienced members here.

Cheers,

Abhi

• 1 month later...

Hi All,

I joined this forum about three year ago when I got a Leica M-E, and so far I have been just a passive participant. Now that I have more time for photography, I will follow the discussion more actively.

I now have a Leica M typ 240 and SL typ 601.

I believe I will lear a lot from the other more experienced members of the forum.

Thank you.

Adji

• 3 weeks later...

Hello everybody

Almost new to the Leica world, just purchased a used Leica M9 that i'm eagerly awaiting. I briefly owned a Leica M3 but the shortage of film here and development made it too hard so i sold it. I'm for Cyprus btw.

Anw used to be a used of Fuji with the X-pro1 and the a Sony A7ii which i sold in less than a year. Missed the Fuji actually but a chance on the M9 came up and i couldnt resist.A bit intimidated with the manual focus only, rangefinder thing but hopefully i get the hang of it.

Panayiotis

• 2 months later...

Hi all!

I am Akmal and from Malaysia. I have been interested in photography and it all started with me travelling and looking for interesting things every single time I travel in my teenage years Soon after bought myself a Canon. As I got to know more about photography I finally landed myself with a Leica Q. The feel by gosh its awesome! The bokeh, the build quality, the intense focus that you get framing a picture. Its like starting all over again with photography. 

I believe this culture.. This culture of capturing moments in the silent of the mind truly an escapism from the world that I know. 

I soon will be getting a Leica M with a Summicron 35mm. I hope this will further let me feel the whole photography process work at a whole new level.

Nice to meet all of you!

• 1 month later...

Hi,

Nice to meet you guys!

My name is Andreas, I am Swiss but living in Lima, Peru at the moment, far away from any Leica Shop or Distributor. I am an amateur and have nothing to do with photography in my job.

Shame on me, as I started my photographic life with an Nikon FE at age 12, went to FA, F3....up to the 800 and bought my very first Leica just last March. 

I love my Q and hardly roam the streets of Lima or other Peruvian places without it. Probably the only nutcase out with a Q here all year round. I simply have no complaints about the camera and never regretted the purchase for a second. I love how it forces me to go closer and compose differently with the fix 28mm. The Q is for me one of the best cameras on the market at the moment and especially the best for street shots. Before, I thought that the so called Leica Magic of the lenses was a fairy tale. But now I know better. There it is, the softness of light and vibes. I still use other cameras, e.g. for tele pics of surfers, but the Q has won my heart and is with me all the time. To the extend that friends ask me, if I ever leave the house without my Leica.

I think I got the Leica virus now and might give in to the madness of buying the top model as a sister to my Q. Luckily my wife has no clue what the gems cost!

Cheers,

Andreas

• 1 month later...

Hi, my name is Celso, from São Paulo, Brazil.

I am an engineer. Photography has being lurking around for quite a while, starting at teen age, at 70's, with what I now recognise as a Mamiya 6 rangefinder camera, learning to develop and make contact copies.

Rebooted back to analog photography just as of this year with a Leica M4, Summicron 50/2, Tele-Elmarit 90/2.8, and, why not, a KMZ Jupiter-12 and a Mamiya C330 TLR set.

Looking forwarding learning and also sharing my experiences.

Greetings Leica users/enthousiasts all over the world,

Please allow me to introduce myself. My name is Kamiel and I am from Amsterdam (NL). Photography has been a hobby of mine for several years now. I started with an old Sony DSC-T9 and then a Nikon D90. A friend of mine is a professional photographer and filmmaker. After paying him a visit and playing around with his Leica M Monochrome I was blown away by the character and image quality of the camera and lens. I decided to buy a second hand Leica M9.

After thumbing through this forum and seeing all the interesting posts and photography, I decided to join. My main interests in photography are portraiture, street and journalism.

Best regards,

Kamiel

• Like 2

Hello folks.

I've spent the last 30+ years behind a Nikon or Hasselblad viewfinder and as a lover of black and white images, under an orange safe light. Working with a Leica was always the dream for me.  I'm claiming a mid life crisis but instead of a Corvette or a Harley, I got a Leica, a ME specifically.  My first camera was a Konica Auto S2 so I was always enamored with a rangefinder.  I just picked up a M246 and I'm in love with creating images all over again.  I've learned a lot from the members of this forum - there is truly some outstanding work here.  And I have a long way to go in transitioning from a wet to a digital darkroom but I hope to be able to contribute too.

Thank you all.

Alan

• Like 2