Welcome

jaapv

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hi from the far south west of England. I am based in Penwithick near St Austell in Cornwall. I shoot film in LeicaM6 and have an interest in collecting all the cameras that I could never afford before the digital revolution. Especially Nikon pro models . I develop my own film and shoot Ilford HP5+ and Kodak Tri-X mostly. I have a long time interest in darkroom work, but these days I scan my negs and have adapted to a hybrid workflow.

• 2 months later...

Hello! New guy here! Not new to photography but I've just got my first camera with the red dot (D-Lux Typ 109) so I hope to share some of my thought and learn some from you... maybe one day I'll join also M madness?

And below is me... adventure & outdoor kind of guy.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello, my name is Stuart. I am from New Jersey. Currently the owner of a beautiful Leica M4 with 3 lenses (all from 60's) a 35mm, 50mm and 90mm. I also use a variety of other cameras (Nikon, Canon, etc). I look forward to learning from this forum and sharing my experiences.

Stuart

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All, my name is Filippo and just landed into this forum following a flea market (I hope) bargain. Got an R5 w/ vario elmar 28-70. I have actually one question. Lens have a front floating "ring" and not sure is normal or what. Does not interfere with camera operation as far as I could see but i'd like to understand whether is ok or need to be fixed. Thx all and hope have my first roll developed soon

• 3 weeks later...

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Thanks for the kind welcome. Have used a lot of Canon cameras, but wanted to get "authentic" trying to get back to the roots of light, speed, and sensitivity, Am trying to find out if there are sweet spots to ISO settings using the M 240, 50mm APO Summicron ASPH lens. Loved everything Mark Dubovoy said about the lens - now I want to make it sing.

• 2 weeks later...
Welcome new member!

This is the forum to introduce yourself.

Simply answer this thread or create your own. :)

Ciao, la mia è una storia lunga, nikonista da sempre, prima macchina reflex la Nikon F e via di seguito quando un giorno due anni fa ho visto in un negozio una leica III, del 1933, mi sono incuriosito e l'ho acquistata. Mi sono fatto una cultura sulla storia della leica, ho incominciato ad usare il telemetro, sono rimasto colpito dalla fabbricazione, dall'ingegno di Barnack e soprattutto ho fatto foto di nuovo in pellicola. In passato avevo già acquistato una reflex Leica R4, l'avevo giudicata ottima ma sopratutto per l'obbiettivo 80/1.4 .

Così sull'onda della III un giorno ho acquistato una m240 ed essendo io uno street un 35mm/1.4 ed eccomi qua. Spero di contribuire ai vari forum portando per ora la mia scarsa conoscenza delle Leica ma un pò di esperienza sia analogica che digitale avendo dal 1970 iniziato come fotoamatore.

A presto Guido

Hello, my name is Alex, I registered on this board few months ago for providing info on my M4-P but I forgot to introduce myself at that time, now with winter also finished I can get better light to shoot outdoors.

I ONLY shoot film because I was raised with the idea that artistic photography is just analogic, I am an avid collector of old cameras and regarding Leica I have a small collection: a M3, the M4-P I wrote about, an M5 and a 1940 Leica IIIb. I also have a DR Summicron, a 35 mm f2.8 Summaron, a 90 mm Elmarit and a Summitar, plus many Soviet lenses.

This is my humble M3 system, I am still looking for the right 135mm:

5lvu4g.jpg

I would like to understand why on this board my links to tinypic don't work!:p

Also...is this a forum of Strict Leica observance or is it also possible to post other stuff, for instance SLR shoots? Will I banned for that?:confused:

I would like to understand why on this board my links to tinypic don't work!:p

Also...is this a forum of Strict Leica observance or is it also possible to post other stuff, for instance SLR shoots? Will I banned for that?:confused:

Welcome to the forum, Alex, and enjoy!

Your link works reasonably well. The forum displays external pictures from a few trusted sites only, mostly for security reasons. Why don't you upload your pictures you want us to see to this forum? This has the added value for our members that they are spared the ads and so on associated with the site where you have hosted your picture.

Our forum's rules are quite explicit about the pictures permissible for uploading. You might get away with non-Leica pictures as moderators can't look at every picture in the forum, but then, you might not. Actually, we would prefer you to keep to the rules.

Thanks, I still have to understand how to upload the pics on this board, for instance some I've used a M5 don't work because it states they too big, while on tinypic there is not prob and even on other boards they work fine.

Finally, I seldom use my Leicas because they are precious equipment that risks to be damaged for instance in the crowded London tube or in difficult environment ( mountain, sea...) but however if these are the rules of the house that's it.

Are at least pics taken with Leicas and lenses of other brands allowed?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I am a new Leica owner and would like to get the most I can from experienced users. I have noticed that this forum is very large or it seems it to me and am wondering if there is a FAQ or a site map that would help someone new to learn quickly where to best aim questions or perhaps to find answers to questions already asked etc.

All the best,

Chris

• 3 months later...

Hi,

I'm Mike and I'm sitting at home eagerly awaiting arrival of my M240. I have coveted Leica since the late 1950s when my my late uncle allowed me to use his. Everything comes to he who waits!!

I'm a keen amateur currently using Nikon DSLRs and am really looking forward to the minimalist / rangefinder experience.

I've enjoyed the debates and information flow on this forum for several weeks before purchasing my camera and signing up.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi from Melbourne Australia .I'm an retired pensioner 60's years old , i start the Leica road from my beloved father who pass away few years ago and left his old Leica flex ,m4 ,m6 plus lots of beautiful photos for me .Today i have the d lux 6 as my compact point & shot camera . The M240 is bought 6 months ago follow some lenses old and new : 90mm summicron , 50mm summicron 6 bit current lens , 35 mm summicron asph , 35mm summilux asph 6bit "ein stuck" , 28mm elmar , 21mm super  elmar plus some other makes m mount lens and last is the Leica Q . Hope that some members live near by can teach me some lesson about Leica M . 

Cheers 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All

I'm a long time, avid reader of this forum and have never introduced myself so I thought it was well overdue.

I've learnt a lot over the past 3 years from forum members and have also used the buy/sell as it's always reliable and my experiences on here have been excellent (no timewasters, scammers, fraudsters etc...)

A bit about me.....

I have an M3 and 50mm cron and love shooting film, mostly B+W. I also have an M9-P and a range of lenses, but just keep coming back to 50mm time and time again.

So I kind of started small, got bit by the Leica bug and expanded the kit I owned, and am now rapidly returning to why I got back into photography in the first place: taking pictures with a simple camera and one lens to rule them all :)

Anyway, I'll start posting some photos and hope to chat in the future.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey everybody,

Let's introduce myself. My name is Remco, living in the Netherlands and a Leica-user since 1992. My first Leica was a M4-2 and after that i bought a M-6 and recently a M-9. My main interest in photography is documentary, people and travel. I'am also interested in Leica-history, i own a couple of antique Leica's. ( IIIF, III, M3) Hope to see a lot of photo's on the forum and to join the discussions.

greetings,

Remco