Welcome

jaapv

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hello everybody ! I just found the presentation box. My surname is Jacques and I live in Isère country , France . I'm Nikoniste since 1977. I have many Nikon and lens . But I tried to Leica compactness and image quality for travel . I chose the X Vario versatility. I 'm Very happy and I hope to see soon get a more faster camera replacement. I say : Leica is the Harley Davidson of the photography ! I have owned this bike to . I only use my Leica now. I became a fan ! I'm the only Leicaiste in my photography club and I'm envious.
I'm also very pleased to participate in this great site. Thank you for accepting me as a friend .

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Hi!

I'm a new Leica M9 owner (a month ago) and new to the forum (today). I got the combo M9 + Summarit 35mm F2,5 and I'm very pleased and really excited about the camera and the lens.

I was drawn to Leica (from Nikon DLSR) because of the manual controls, robust design and IQ. I also have a Leica D-Lux Typ 109 which I also really like.

I hope to find knowledge, tips and tricks and other useful information in the forum.

Kind regards,

Joakim, Stockholm, Sweden

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Hello, I became Leica fan since 2014. My first camera was FSU FED-2 (still using it), my first Leica was IIf, my first M Leica is M4-2 (made where I'm) and in 2016 I received brand new M-E as the birthday present.

Kostya Fedot from Canada (Ontario, Milton).

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

My name is Jogesh, I am from India but now living in Sharjah/United Arab Emirates.

I have joined the forum long time back but just got my first Leica last month. I was using canon SLR/DSLRs for more than ten years and finally decided to get the M. My original choice was M10 but it was not available and the dealer wasn't sure when I can get one, so I went for the M262+50 lux and got a good deal. I am really happy with my M, but I think I will keep my DSLR system for video/tele/macro/ultra wide etc.

Regards,

Jogesh 

Edited by J.S

• 1 month later...

Hello Everybody,

I am Bashir from UK (originally from Gujarat India). Thank you for a great site with great photographers from all walks of life.

My first ever Leica was a M3 with a collapsible elmar 50 f2.8 which I got in a straight swap deal in the year approximately 1988. I swapped my Bronica ETRS with a standard lens.

Since then,I havent looked back and accumulated some M and R lenses. I sold  my R4,R4s etc but I kept lenses.About 8 months ago I bought a used M240 and added M9. I also use GXR from time to time which I thought as a less costly alternative to M8.

I looked at Premium Membership to make monetary contribution but is there any other way to make some donations?

Many thanks for reading.

Regards.

• 6 months later...

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hello All,

I'm an American living in Edinburgh, Scotland. I am new to Leica though I've been shooting seriously as an amateur on a Rolleiflex for the past 6 years. And I have finally decided to add a second camera to my practice. The camera I chose is an M3 and as of today a Summicron 50mm. I look forward to discovering the rangefinder way and finding new, fellow Leica shooters here. 

Kind regards,

Scott

• 4 weeks later...

Hello,

My name is Matt, I am originally from Huddersfield in West Yorkshire but have been living in Denmark for the past 3 years and a bit. I have always been that kid with my camera phone pointing at everything and it was about 3 months ago when I decided to get an actual camera and learn how to take photographs properly. I decided to start off with the simplest compact - the D-Lux 5, but now I'm stepping it up with a Leica T. 

I don't usually do forums, but am more than happy to join this one. If you'd like to see some of my work so far, you can check https://www.instagram.com/greener88/

Cheers!

M

• 2 months later...

Hello to all,

I'am a follower of this forum since 3 years but never introduced myself properly. I've been working with Leica since 1992. I was on a UN mission in Cambodia for the Netherlands military so I decided to have a camera with me all the time. That camera was a M4-2. Back in the Netherlands I decided to stick with Leica, using them and collecting them so I got quite a collection. ( M3, M3DS,M6, IIIF, IIF, III and finally a M9. I have been working as an combat-photographer for the Netherlands Defense for 27 years. Retired from the military in 2015 I started my own business, still using Leica-M cameras.

sincerely

Remco63

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Hello All,

First intro post for me as I've finally held down a replaced sensor Leica M-E which I pick up this weekend and have a Sonnar 50mm and Biogon 21mm waiting to put on it.  That's all I've got so far and there's a number of obvious additions to make, like a 21mm viewfinder, 35mm lens (don't know which one yet but probably another Biogon), ND filters which are apparently needed to protect the sensor and most likely a Voigtlander 75mm F1.8.  All in good time, but I've made the start and that's the main thing.  Heard and seen so much about the legend that is the FF CCS sensor and now I finally get to experience it.  As much as anything else, I'm here to learn and I'm hoping you all be patient with what are bound to be numerous never-used-a-rangefinder queries coming your way.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

New member from Norway. Joined because I need help to find the Leitz name of a bellow and Visoflex for my II f from 1956.  Around 1966 I bought an Elmar 135. It was mounted in a bellow and in the other end there was a Visoflex with a 90-degree ocular.

After all these years I tried to find the bellows and Visoflex at eBay,  but got confused by all various attachments available. It must have been all-screw in 1966 as far as I remember.

Does anyone know those Leitz-acronyms for the pieces I look for?

Ch

• 2 weeks later...

Hi.  I just inherited my father's Leica.  He was 90 when he passed and has had his camera for probably 75 years.  It may have been his father's.  In any case, I have no idea what model it is.  I believe its a Leica III but which one is a mystery.  I attached a couple of photos in case anyone can help me identify it.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!