silvermine V (RS)

Guest agnoo

Guest agnoo

Advertisement (gone after registration)

MP/Cron 35/Scala - poor available light/Leica pocket tripod on an old wooden chair.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Guest Rowley Birkin QC

"Wish there were more shadow detail", you really have missed the point, old fellow.

What an excellent photograph.

Regards,

Rowley.

Guest agnoo
Wish there were more shadow detail ....

William, WHAT the hell do you expect to find in the missing shadow-details? A dead cockroach?

:D :D :D

Don't bicker guys! You have a whole week to fight next week :D

Thanks Ron - have you thought about an external meter, with an invacone? That's how I would have shot this, even with my R (not that it would improve it! :) )

I agree with the above posters, though - it is an excellent shot and is great just as it is.

Guest agnoo
Thanks Ron - have you thought about an external meter, with an invacone? That's how I would have shot this, even with my R (not that it would improve it! :) )

Yes, i have two of them and am still thinking about how useful/useless they might be in England. If i take my IIIa with me, i may need my Gossen but the MP-meter plus my little experience and some good luck is fine in most situations.

Best, Ron

Guest agnoo
125th @ f8 with 100/125 ISO film and you'll be fine.

I promise.

;)

You do? I´ll discuss this with William while having a good beer in the cotswolds.

You do? I´ll discuss this with William while having a good beer in the cotswolds.

f8 with a Leica? Surely emergency use only..., unless you want to borrow my 21/3.4 too! :) I have a Gossen F2 in my bag if you need it, but you're on your own for Cornwall. I use it mostly for incident readings...

Andy,

Frighteningly, we agree on most things.:D

Stu and QC,

Sorry, this is a private joke...

f8 with a Leica? Surely emergency use only..., unless you want to borrow my 21/3.4 too! :).

Unless you want to shoot everything at 1000th and f 2.8.

Up to you... Not everyone wants zip depth of field. Some of us like to see what we have shot

;)

(If you use that 200 ISO stuff, then you'll be looking at 1000th @ f4, of course...)

Unless you want to shoot everything at 1000th and f 2.8.

Up to you... Not everyone wants zip depth of field. Some of us like to see what we have shot

;)

(If you use that 200 ISO stuff, then you'll be looking at 1000th @ f4, of course...)

I've got 100, 160, 400 and 800 this time. Most shots will be at f2.8 - f5.6 at 125th - 1/750th. Best image quality in this range.

If I can't see anything, at least we know Ron will have a few decent snaps!:D

Guest Rowley Birkin QC

"I've got 100, 160, 400 and 800 this time. Most shots will be at f2.8 - f5.6 at 125th - 1/750th. Best image quality in this range. If I can't see anything, at least we know Ron will have a few decent snaps."

Well we can barely contain ourselves in anticpation.

Credo quia absurdum.

Cum tacent, clament.

Regards,

Rowley.