135 Elmar on Visoflex

• 8 years later...

Sorry if I resurrected this old topic, but in this way I won't open up another similar. I was checking around about the Visoflex, probably the II, and for what I understood I can use long lens, like the Telyt 200 for example, with and without the Visoflex. The only differences are with the Visoflex mounted I can shoot macros and I can use the camera as a reflex.

However, I can use lenses like the various Telyts also without Visoflex. Right?

However, I can use lenses like the various Telyts also without Visoflex. Right?

Yes... all the lenses made for the Visoflex I (Telyts, and the Hektor 125, too) can be mounted without Visoflex, but of course you must add a tube to compensate for the absence of Viso device (TZOON for Leica Screw Mount bodies, TXBOO for Leica Bayonet Mount bodies) ; but you have no way to focus, as M9reno says... unless you are using a digital M with Liveview/EVF.

Thank you M9reno and Luigi. Since I saw there are viewfinders for long focals, Telyts and others, I though it was possible to focus even just with the lens, without the Visoflex. However is better one has to use the Visoflex, awesome item to take photos with.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Very underrated PLOOT and very sweet to use PEGOO 45 degree viewer 5X here with an elmar twin release (not shown....the Tripod!!). This is awesome as a Macro unit once you understand depth of field is pencil thin. Viso of course true image so you have full previews. As the twin release applies the mirror (and the image youre studying at 5x) lifts upward to black as the shutter fires No parralax issues truly an important addition to any Leica users equipment and a sweet ride down ebays GAS highway. 4C7BE58F-D808-4A7C-A158-2B0A0C01BF90-141

Edited by Ambro51