21mm super angulon f3.4 hood ?????

mpmckenzie

Advertisement (gone after registration)

49 minutes ago, Translucent said:

I have a hood just like this, a rectangular hood for the 21-mm Super-Angulon f/3.4 M lens.  Is there a rectangular cap that I could put over the hood to keep the dust off of the lens?  thanks very much.

If you mean the 12501 hood there is none i'm afraid. Hood caps were not trendy then. Also there are no retaining nubs on this hood so i doubt a third party cap could have enough grip but i may be wrong.

If you look around, you will find that Series 7 filters are reasonably cheap (especially if not made by Leica) so you could do what I do, and simply use the filter as both filter and 'cap'. My filter does finally get dusty and so on, but it always cleans up well. I think I paid about £10-12 for a Leica Series 7 UVa a couple of years ago; B&W are cheaper still and optically fine. You can also pick up spare hoods fairly cheaply on occasion especially if in 'used' condition. I have a spare and so tend to leave a 'used' condition one on the lens with a UVa. Like lct I doubt whether it would be easy to make a hood to fit and stay on because there is nothing for it to really grip onto.