I love my M4-2

I've got that lens, great little lens don't you have the hood for it ?

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

I'm waiting on the chap that does the 3D printed hoods to make one for this lens, He said he was going to design one in the next couple of months. It takes up less space than the round vented hood.

I'm waiting on the chap that does the 3D printed hoods to make one for this lens, He said he was going to design one in the next couple of months. It takes up less space than the round vented hood.

Has he got a website ?

• 2 weeks later...

Has he got a website ?

google shapeways and analogue robot or rangefinder hoods.

got a new book today, MAGNUM contact sheets, very interesting to see the shots either side of the iconic shots I know.

myM42_08.jpg

• Like 4

google shapeways and analogue robot or rangefinder hoods.

got a new book today, MAGNUM contact sheets, very interesting to see the shots either side of the iconic shots I know.

myM42_08.jpg

Is that your new Canon lens fitted ?

• Like 1

Have you any shots from it yet

Not yet, I've shot a roll of HP5 and Fomapan 200 at a wedding yesterday. I'll be sending them of to a lab along with some old negs and slides to be scanned.

• Like 1

Not yet, I've shot a roll of HP5 and Fomapan 200 at a wedding yesterday. I'll be sending them of to a lab along with some old negs and slides to be scanned.

I don't like other people developing my film, these are with my VM 50mmF1.5 wide open

Scan-130627-0011-XL.jpg

Scan-130627-0001-XL.jpg

Edited by gsgary

If I find I prefer these films to XP2 i'll think about getting some chemicals to do my own.

I tried to organise a trip to Ilford but was told they couldn't take us but they sent me 10 rolls of XP2 but I didn't like how clean it looks I like a bit of grain

I just found this forum, I'm looking forward to joining in. I got my "new" M4-2 a few weeks ago. I bought a voigtlander 35mm 2.5 which is great, I also have a russian 3.5cm f3.5 and a jupiter 50mm f2, I'm hoping to replace the 50's with some old Leica 50mm glass soon, budget willing, it will probably be a summitar. I owned and used an M2 about 25 years ago with an Elmar 50mm f2.8 and elmarit 3.5cm f3.5 and the new camera has brought me back to my old images, projects that I shot during my college days. I'm looking in to having my old negs and slides scanned to preserve them.

myM42_06.jpg

I like the look of those miner portraits

• Like 1

I feel like i'm spamming this thread now :lol: but this arrived this morning, I always wanted a leitz finder. this is the 35mm. despite the rubberised viewfinder i'm still a littel tight on the camera's 35mm frame with my glasses, i've stuck some foam to the back for now, I'll do a tidier job again but now I can see the whole frame clearly. It has a few dings but works well and was cheaper than most others I saw.

mysbloo-1.jpg

mysbloo-2.jpg

Edited by welshtog
  • Like 2

I feel like i'm spamming this thread now [emoji38] but this arrived this morning, I always wanted a leitz finder. this is the 35mm. despite the rubberised viewfinder i'm still a littel tight on the camera's 35mm frame with my glasses, i've stuck some foam to the back for now, I'll do a tidier job again but now I can see the whole frame clearly. It has a few dings but works well and was cheaper than most others I saw.

mysbloo-1.jpg

mysbloo-2.jpg

You have got the bug now, I keep looking for my first Leica lens it will probably be a 35mm because I love the Voigtlander 35F2. 5 color Scopar, just remembered I have a Russian turret finder

Edited by gsgary

• 3 weeks later...

My pricious, just before sending it to Alan Starkie for a full SLA...

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by MerijnvZ
  • Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

With my new Super Angulon 21mm, lucked out on this one as it's in very good condition.

m4-2_super_angulon-1.jpg

m4-2_super_angulon-3.jpg

m4-2_super_angulon-5.jpg

I looked at this lens but went with the color skopar 21 because I didn't think I would use it as much as I have, it also makes the Leica look even more interesting with the 21mm viewfinder

• Like 1

• 1 month later...