Sign in to follow this  
robw911

Stop Digilux 2 strap scratches

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I have noticed that most D2s seem to have arc shaped scratches near the strap lugs, which appear to be caused by the plastic connector covers scratching against the sides when the camera is being carried. Some of the non-OEM straps available have protectors in place to stop this but I note that the Leica straps (even for the M series) do not.

Until my new strap arrives, I have found that a small circle of felt can be placed over the lug and the strap connected over the top to prevent such scratches. It doesn't look too bad (see attached) as a short term measure but more importantly it should prevent my camera body becoming scored like every other D2 seems to be.

I hope that this helps someone.

I have a few offcuts of red leather that i plan to use for a similar purpose.

Still waiting for my strap though. I ordered it via Jacobs and I now suspect it will not arrive.

M's all have that piece of plastic that protects them from the strap. The very first M6's did not, I had one and used blace tape on it. I finally sent it back to have them added when that became standard issue.

Hola a todos.

Para proteger a mi Leica Digilux 2 (Tambien lo tengo hecho en la 3) de los arañazos laterales les he pegado un protector de pantalla que tenia de sobra.

Me va de maravilla.

Saludos.

When I bought my Digilux 2, I cut up a generic LCD screen protector to create two patches that I fitted just above the eyelets on either side of the camera. They are almost invisible, but have kept that area of the body scratch-free.

Best regards,

Doug

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By UltraDan
      Hi, can anyone recommend any good quality straps that include the protection flaps that go over the attachment points. 
      Ideally under £50  and available in the uk.
      many thanks,
      Dan
    • By malbooth
      LEICA Q (Type 116) 24.2MP Full Frame Summilux 28mm f/1.7 ASPH Lens Digital Camera. Condition is Used (purchased June 2017). 
      Includes all original boxes and documents, Leica Q strap and lens hood, plus one spare Leica battery and charger.
      I will post within Australia for free (standard shipping by Australia Post).
      I have been extremely happy with this camera and I'm only selling it to upgrade to the Leica Q2.
    • By malbooth
      LEICA Q (Type 116) 24.2MP Full Frame Summilux 28mm f/1.7 ASPH Lens Digital Camera. Condition is Used (purchased June 2017). 
      Includes all original boxes and documents, Leica Q strap and lens hood, plus one spare Leica battery and charger.
      I will post within Australia for free (standard shipping by Australia Post).
      I have been extremely happy with this camera and I'm only selling it to upgrade to the Leica Q2.
    • By jaeger
      I left the M's shoulder strap in the camera box since day 1, until lately I need a camera strap for my Nikon Z that comes with a fugly strap.  I realize the Leica strap is actually a very good!!  It's very easy to put on or remove, the buckets is not touching the camera body and it's light weight.  I think I have really brain washed by seeing too many M with leather strap on the internet, so I kinda automatically went to buy a leather one without checking it out first. 
    • By schattenundlicht
      I effectively ruined my hideously expensive multifocal eyeglasses with LTM-photography (Leica II & III, FED & Zorki)
      Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden! .  
      A little too late, I started experimenting with various washers etc but found that most items increase the viewing distance and lead to incomplete viewfinder / rangefinder coverage, which is restricted enough with eyeglasses on classic LTMs anyway.

There may be some professional solutions around, but I have come up with a low cost, dispensable item, which may not be perfect on aesthetic grounds, but works very well in the field for me. I did not bother with geometric perfection
      Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden! .
      Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden!  
      I used a 12 mm and a 6 mm punching tool respectively, and some general adhesive cloth tape from the hardware store.

Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden!  
      My new eyeglasses will arrive next week
      Kind regards
      Mathias