Sign in to follow this  
jhc

D-Lux5 URGENT!

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hi, Help needed please. I've just purchased the above camera but can not open RAW files in either Adobe CS3 or Capture NX2. The files revert to JPG,s?

Urgent response would be appreciated please.

Not sure about CS3, a version I skipped. But try updating ACR. That should read raw files. You might have to use it as a 'stand-alone' programme.

It would be better if you posted this in the Digital Forum. Perhaps Moderator will move it so that it gets more specific responses.

Hi, Help needed please. I've just purchased the above camera but can not open RAW files in either Adobe CS3 or Capture NX2. The files revert to JPG,s?

Urgent response would be appreciated please.

if i remember right i could not open my RAW files of my d700 when i first got it on CS3, i just had to download an update from adobe. hope this helps a little, of course it could be jibberish:o..

You won't be able to open the DL5's .RAW files directly in CS3 because the last ACR version supported by CS3 doesn't support them. But all is not lost; what you'll need to do is download Adobe DNG Converter free from Adobe's website for Windows at this webpage or for Mac OSX at this webpage and convert your .RAW files into .DNG files and then they'll open in ACR in CS3.

Pete.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By ho_co
      Probably already answered many times. Sorry for the repeat.
      Does anyone know whom to contact at Apple in regard to getting the D-Lux 7's raw files recognized in MacOS High Sierra? (2011 computer; High Sierra is latest compatible OS.)
      Apple says to contact Leica because the camera files may not be compatible with the OS. That doesn't ring true to me...
      Or would it be best just to forget about it? 
      Thanks!
    • By Edwin Ho
      Leica D-Lux 5 - The Burj Khalifa in Dubai - 2717 feet

Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden!
    • By Edwin Ho
      Leica D-Lux 5

Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden!
    • By romanvail
      I found the access info for the hidden menu and now I have a new file format option in the quick menu.

Anyone else have this?

Also, if I select it and it's not there by default... will that cause an issue? So this RAW is what exactly? CR2?
    • By Mixalis
      My M240 came back from Solms yesterday after the strap lug recall and I took a few test shots. I then realised the camera was set to the default JPG Fine instead of the RAW I normally use.

When I tried to import the JPG files into Aperture I discovered they were not visible from within Aperture. The files were there and I copied them to the desktop. Again, I could not import them.

At first I suspected a problem with Aperture and fired off a thread to the Apple Aperture discussion. Only later did I think to try a card from another camera and discovered everything was working properly. In the meantime I had done some RAW shots with the M and was surprised to find them appearing in Aperture as normal. I have since replicated this with another SD card and conclude that while RAW files are recognised, JPGs are not seen by the software.

To my further surprise I found that the JPGs which were not recognised by Aperture would happily import to iPhoto.

I cannot remember whether I ever shot JPG with the M before it went back to Solms, so I have no way of knowing for sure if this is something new. I am completely baffled and would be interested to hear if anyone else has had a similar experience.

Michael